Who to Start/Sit Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

Also, my QBs are Carr and Bradford.  I picked up Keenum in case Bradford isn't a go on MNF.  Am I better off sitting on Bradford/Keenum to see what happens or picking up one of the FA QBs (clear best options are Blake Bortles and Jay Cutler) and move them into the starting spot before I know what the Minnesota situation is?  I'm leaning toward the former as Bradford is a better option than those two.  Additionally, Keenum may throw a lot due to Cook being out (and CHI not being very good).  Interested in you all's thoughts, though.  Thanks!

23 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Late as well, but I think Martin is an easy start on a weekly basis now IMO.  

I ended up leaving Duke Johnson in, but it's nice to see Martin doing so well.  Now I can add him to a stable of Kareem Hunt, Melvin Gordon and Tevin Coleman.  I also have Duke and Wayne Gallman  who I'm looking to trade after this week.  We can start up to 3 RB's with 1 RB and 2 flex spots so Hunt, Gordon and Martin are my top 3 with Coleman filling in for bye weeks.  

I have Duke in the flex at the moment, but I also have Gallman and Michael Crabtree on my bench that I could throw into the flex spot.  Do you guys think either of those options would be better than Duke?  

29 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Also, my QBs are Carr and Bradford.  I picked up Keenum in case Bradford isn't a go on MNF.  Am I better off sitting on Bradford/Keenum to see what happens or picking up one of the FA QBs (clear best options are Blake Bortles and Jay Cutler) and move them into the starting spot before I know what the Minnesota situation is?  I'm leaning toward the former as Bradford is a better option than those two.  Additionally, Keenum may throw a lot due to Cook being out (and CHI not being very good).  Interested in you all's thoughts, though.  Thanks!

I think I trust the Minnesota QB's more in this situation.  CHI is a pretty decent matchup and whoever it is will have good WR's to throw too.  I would take Minnesota's WR's and TE's over Jacksonville or Miami's.    And you're right that with Cook out, they'll most likely have to rely on the passing game a little more.  I don't really trust Cutler or mainly that offense as a whole.  And Bortles is playing Pittsburgh and has only looked good against an  awful Baltimore team that definitely didn't seem ready for the game in London.  

45 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Standard non-PPR league.

Who to play at the flex (pick one):

WR Adam Thielen (@ CHI)
RB Gio Bernard (vs. BUF)
RB Wayne Gallman (vs. LAR)

This got paged.  Any help/advice is appreciated.

Just now, sp6488 said:

This got paged.  Any help/advice is appreciated.

That's tough.  Gallman seems poised for a lot of work this week so I'd probably go with him.  Second choice would be Thielen with a good matchup against Chicago.  Bernard seems like the biggest risk. 

6 minutes ago, RAVINGMADD said:

That's tough.  Gallman seems poised for a lot of work this week so I'd probably go with him.  Second choice would be Thielen with a good matchup against Chicago.  Bernard seems like the biggest risk. 

I could also start Gallman over Alex Collins and play Thielen in the slot.

1 minute ago, sp6488 said:

I could also start Gallman over Alex Collins and play Thielen in the slot.

That makes the decision even tougher, but I like Alex Collins so I'd probably just start Collins and Gallman.  If it's the same team that's starting Bradford or Keenum, then I'd say definitely start Collins and Gallman.  If you miss out on Thielen having a good game on your bench, at least your QB should have a pretty good game to make up for it.  

3 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Keenum is Keenum, but he showed two weeks ago that he can rack up the points every now and again. I don't think that the alternatives are any better, but Keenum has the best team and a good matchup. I'd probably stick with him over Cutler or Bortles.  

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I would start Kelvin. 

I almost want to hear who's available on his wire or bench lol. Benjamin is going to be matched up with Slay most of the game, I would imagine, and that's not an easy individual matchup. May be putting too much stock in that, but it makes me like Funchess more this week. Cooper...yeesh. I don't know what's going on with that dude. And now he has EJ throwing him the football? Oy 

12 minutes ago, MemphisEagles said:

Pick 2 HBs 0.5 ppr

Jordan Howard vs MIN

Tarik Cohen vs MIN

Marshawn Lynch vs BAL

Howard and Lynch.  Ravens are without Brandon Williams and Bell ran wild on them.  Then again without Carr, Ravens may gear up to stop run.

Archived