Who to Start/Sit Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

5 hours ago, TheMonarch1110 said:

I don't think so in 12 team redraft. Especially not this early still.

Agree with this. If it was a dynasty league, then yes. But in a redraft league, unless you have particularly deep benches (which it doesn't sound like there is with Williams and Benjamin on the waiver wire), I'd probably hold off for now with bye weeks coming up as soon as next week. 

13 hours ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

Taylor vs ATL

Palmer vs SF

Stafford vs MIN

Watson vs TEN 

Goff vs DAL

Palmer. There's always a chance that he completely craps the bed, but I think that is limited to an extent given the competition. He's going to throw the ball 50 times or something ridiculous because they can't run it and the 49er pass rush and secondary is suspect. I feel like it should be a lock for 300 yards and 2 tds. 

5 hours ago, TheMonarch1110 said:

Goff @ DAL

Dalton @ CLE

I have Dalton in, but Dallas is just getting decimated by injuries. Think I'm just over thinking it. Feel like Dalton has a higher floor, but Goff the higher ceiling. Dalton averages over 2 TDs vs Browns lately.

I'd actually go with Goff here. I don't think his floor is worse than Dalton's, and I Think the ceiling is much higher. 

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd actually go with Goff here. I don't think his floor is worse than Dalton's, and I Think the ceiling is much higher. 

I agree in general that his floor isn't worse than Dalton's, but vs the Browns Dalton has averaged a tad over 2 TDs the last 2 years against the Browns. They type of consistency has me leaning Dalton. Just trying to talk myself out of it after his 5 total points weeks 1 and 2 that he got for me.

12 hours ago, RAVINGMADD said:

Who do I start? Choose 1 WR and 1 Flex

Michael Crabtree @ DEN

Pierre Garcon @ ARI

Paul Richardson vs IND

Tevin Coleman vs BUF

Duke Johnson vs CIN 

Yuck. I hate your receiving options this week. There's not a good answer here. Crabtree has a crappy match up and is banged up. Garcon is a target monster, but he should be l lined up on Peterson in this game, which means he's not likely to get much. Richardson's value is Baldwin dependent I think, and he's going to be a game time decision. His value thus far has been entirely driven by TDs, which are volatile and variable. Given the late start of that game, that's a non-starter for me, so he can't seriously be considered. 

I guess in this scenario I'd default to my best player, which is Crabtree, provided he is healthy. But there's a high bust factor there - 2 of his last 4 games against Denver have resulted in less than 20 yards receiving, and the other 2 only garnered 40 and 50 yards. 0 touchdowns in those 4 games, I believe. I think that's going to be a really low ceiling for you. But I really don't like Garcon on Peterson. He simply is too good a cover corner. Now, if you want to take the chance that the 49ers will move around Garcon to keep him off PP and get him his targets, or want to think there's a chance that the Cardinals don't play him on Garcon, then he's your guy. Honestly, now that I'm saying all this, I may have talked myself into Garcon in just hoping to get lucky lol. I really see a low ceiling for Crabs in this game, and that bothers me. If Peterson is on Garcon, he's likely to have a rough game, but if there's a chance that they don't play him on Garcon or the 49ers are able to hide him, I like him a lot better. 

As for Flex plays, well, the receivers are out. I really dislike them this week. So Coleman / Duke. I'd probably go with Coleman. The Falcons make sure to get him about 10 touches per game, and the game is at home which is always a good thing for Falcons players. Duke has some value in ppr leagues given how often he's in the slot, and his snap count was nearly dead even with Crowell last week. But I still don't think that he's guaranteed the touches because they don't like giving him carries, which makes him dependent on catches. The bengals aren't great at defending running backs out of the backfield, but if you're running Johnson out of the slot rather than the backfield, that's not exactly helpful, and they do tend to limit receivers. 

18 hours ago, Forge said:

Yuck. I hate your receiving options this week. There's not a good answer here. Crabtree has a crappy match up and is banged up. Garcon is a target monster, but he should be l lined up on Peterson in this game, which means he's not likely to get much. Richardson's value is Baldwin dependent I think, and he's going to be a game time decision. His value thus far has been entirely driven by TDs, which are volatile and variable. Given the late start of that game, that's a non-starter for me, so he can't seriously be considered. 

I guess in this scenario I'd default to my best player, which is Crabtree, provided he is healthy. But there's a high bust factor there - 2 of his last 4 games against Denver have resulted in less than 20 yards receiving, and the other 2 only garnered 40 and 50 yards. 0 touchdowns in those 4 games, I believe. I think that's going to be a really low ceiling for you. But I really don't like Garcon on Peterson. He simply is too good a cover corner. Now, if you want to take the chance that the 49ers will move around Garcon to keep him off PP and get him his targets, or want to think there's a chance that the Cardinals don't play him on Garcon, then he's your guy. Honestly, now that I'm saying all this, I may have talked myself into Garcon in just hoping to get lucky lol. I really see a low ceiling for Crabs in this game, and that bothers me. If Peterson is on Garcon, he's likely to have a rough game, but if there's a chance that they don't play him on Garcon or the 49ers are able to hide him, I like him a lot better. 

As for Flex plays, well, the receivers are out. I really dislike them this week. So Coleman / Duke. I'd probably go with Coleman. The Falcons make sure to get him about 10 touches per game, and the game is at home which is always a good thing for Falcons players. Duke has some value in ppr leagues given how often he's in the slot, and his snap count was nearly dead even with Crowell last week. But I still don't think that he's guaranteed the touches because they don't like giving him carries, which makes him dependent on catches. The bengals aren't great at defending running backs out of the backfield, but if you're running Johnson out of the slot rather than the backfield, that's not exactly helpful, and they do tend to limit receivers. 

I don't think Garcon is good enough for Peterson to follow. I think Peterson stays on his side and Garcon can get some slot catches  Id trust Garcon with a lower floor than Crabtree against Denver. 

Need one of these guys for my flex spot...

Carlos Hyde vs Zona

Mixon vs Cleveland.

I have a huge issue with benching the guy who's #5 in our league right now at RB, but he's supposedly a gametime decision, and hes got a 4pm game and Mixon is at 1, so If I play him and he doesn't start, I don't have a backup...

Archived