Who to Start/Sit Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

4 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Should I start the Texans DST tonight or try another option? 

Looking at who's available, I see the Bucs, Chargers, and Bengals as possible plays this week. Maybe the Steelers too but I want to pretend to have confidence in the Vikings. 

I think the Bengals could be a good option as well. Coming off a short week against a rookie QB making his first start on the road with a very shaky OL.

3 hours ago, RayLew52 said:

My dilemma this week is at Te

Eifert vs Houston

or

Hooper vs Green bay

HOU is typically pretty against TE so I'd start Hooper for the TD potential in what should be a shootout against GB

2 hours ago, xlfrosti said:

Kinda in a dilemma.

QB - Carson Wentz vs KC

QB - Jameis Winston vs CHI

I know you guys are thinking Winston right away, but he has Mike Evans and I don't know if I want to start Winston because of that. I do have Jeffery at WR for me so there is a double up on points essentially. 

Thanks in advance. 

Yeah, Winston all day

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

.5 PPR

Crowell @BAL

Or

Cohen @TB

**Note I also have Jordan Howard as my RB2 already starting. This is for my FLEX spot

Yikes, that's not a great spot to be in. I might just start Cohen though, his PPR upside is just way better than Crowell imo. Baltimore also looked locked in last week, probably not a good time to rely Kizer and that offense for fantasy points

1 hour ago, tntitans4life17 said:

Need some WR/Flex spot help this week, pick 2:

.5 PPR

WR- Terrelle Pryor @LAR

WR- Larry Fitzgerald @IND

WR- Tyreek Hill vsPHI

At this point I am leaning towards Hill as one of my two but torn between Pryor and Fitz. Fitz has the easier matchup but will the Cardinals get up early like the Rams did and not have much need for throwing the ball?

Fitzgerald and Hill. Without DJ, Arizona is gonna be leaning heavily on Palmer and the WR's, especially Larry

13 minutes ago, tntitans4life17 said:

I think the Bengals could be a good option as well. Coming off a short week against a rookie QB making his first start on the road with a very shaky OL.

21 minutes ago, Re-Drew-Vinated said:

Bucs might not be a bad play. I can see Glennon having a hard time on the road against his old team

Any consideration for either Titans or Jags as well? Jags in particular have an enticing schedule. I had high hopes for the Titans offense but week 1 has me a bit skeptical. 

1 hour ago, skywindO2 said:

Any consideration for either Titans or Jags as well? Jags in particular have an enticing schedule. I had high hopes for the Titans offense but week 1 has me a bit skeptical. 

I think the Titans D would be the D to go with this week if you had to pick between those 2. While the Titans had their struggles in week 1, there is a bit more potential in the Titans offense than the Jags offense, especially after the Jags losing Robinson.

51 minutes ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

I don't usually come here, but pretty stuck in my deeeeeeep PPR league.

Debating on Chris Johnson vs Alvin Kamara.

Definitely Kamara. He has a defined role within the Saints offense and its a promising on one in PPR. It's unclear what Johnson's role will be at this point.

Debating on whether or not I want to start the Texans defense tonight...I don't know why, but I love playing one guy on Thursday, hate playing 2. Guess cuz if they both poop their pants, Sunday feels pretty hopeless. 

But there isn't much on the waiver wire...Titans, Vikings, Falcons...Maybe the Browns are a sneaky play. Plus the Browns have a juicy week 3 match-up vs the Colts. 

7 hours ago, TheMonarch1110 said:

I say risk it on Cohen if you have the chance. I really like Thielen and Diggs both this year and last week was pretty awesome to see them both get so much work.

And regarding my Ginn/Davis/Maclin question:

Plus for Davis- usually Titans and Jags have a decent back and forth and have had a shootout the last 2 years at least once, I believe.
Maclin- The Browns
Ginn scares me. He could be facing the same NE D from last Thursday or Bill could've made some adjustments and just come out firing. Plus I'm afraid he's a bit of almost an all or nothing type and Brees spreads it out so much.

Tbh, i think our defense is too good to make it a shootout. Getting Calais, Bouye, healthy Jack and Fowler plus Yannick and Telvin makes for a tough time in a shootout. Tennessee didn't score 20 vs Oakland. Oakland has a solid defense but i think ours is good too

4 hours ago, TheMonarch1110 said:

Just start Winston. That is a silly reason. I know it kind of sucks, but why would you bench your player because of who they are playing?

Agreed. Start your best players no matter what the other team does. If Winston goes for 300 and 3 TDs and all of it goes to Evans, yea that sucks for you but if Wentz throws for 250 and 2 TDs then you lost yourself 6-8 points for no reason

9 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Debating on whether or not I want to start the Texans defense tonight...I don't know why, but I love playing one guy on Thursday, hate playing 2. Guess cuz if they both poop their pants, Sunday feels pretty hopeless. 

But there isn't much on the waiver wire...Titans, Vikings, Falcons...Maybe the Browns are a sneaky play. Plus the Browns have a juicy week 3 match-up vs the Colts. 

The Bengals had like 4 turnovers last week and scored 0. I think they are about as safe as anyone listed

Archived