The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

Just now, Packerraymond said:

We gave up literally no one, who cares? Shaw might not be a good 2nd baseman but all I cared about is what we gave up.

Because playing people out of position is dumb. We're literally taking an ultra-reliable 3B, downgrading him defensively for Moose and then moving him to a position he likely can't truly play. So, while we upgrade offensively, we severely downgrade defensively.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Because playing people out of position is dumb. We're literally taking an ultra-reliable 3B, downgrading him defensively for Moose and then moving him to a position he likely can't truly play. So, while we upgrade offensively, we severely downgrade defensively.

Stearns really hasn't made an awful move yet. I'm going to trust he know what he's doing here. We're going to be better offensively, we've upgraded the bullpen to a great level. Move is totally cool with me, we're 2/3 the team Boston, NY and Houston are, we aren't winning anything this year. Keep Hiura, Burnes, Peralta, Ray and Erceg as well as the low level guys like Carmona, Lutz, etc. Phillips needed to be moved, Moose is a fine return for him.

I will say, unlike bk, I'm not legitimately mad about this. The price is low enough that it doesn't really matter. I'm just real confused by the thought process. There were/are actual middle infielders out there that could have helped us offensively without weakening us defensively.

Again, I'm not mad about the deal in and of itself. I think Moose for Phillips+Lopez is a great move. I just vehemently disagree with the thought process of playing Travis Shaw at 2B. I'm 100% against it and people are using the "well he shifts there from time to time and I haven't seen an issue" as a legit reason for it. Newsflash: Anthony Rizzo shifts to 2B for the Cubs from time to time. HE CAN'T PLAY 2B EITHER. **** I hate casuals.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Again, I'm not mad about the deal in and of itself. I think Moose for Phillips+Lopez is a great move. I just vehemently disagree with the thought process of playing Travis Shaw at 2B. I'm 100% against it and people are using the "well he shifts there from time to time and I haven't seen an issue" as a legit reason for it. Newsflash: Anthony Rizzo shifts to 2B for the Cubs from time to time. HE CAN'T PLAY 2B EITHER. **** I hate casuals.

I'm not sure Stearns knows if it will work or not, but for a guy that IMO you had to get rid of before all his value was gone, it's a good move. If it works he's a genius, if it doesn't he tried something so the loud ones can't cuss him out for doing nothing.