The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

Of all the prospects that Stearns has acquired that were notable, these are the only guys he's traded.

Lewis Brinson, Ryan Cordell, Isan Diaz, Wendell Rijo and Andrew Susac.

He has yet to deal anyone he's drafted. He tries his best to use Melvin guys in deals lol. I'd also be willing to massively bet that, had Christian Yelich not been on the market, Brinson and Diaz would both still be Brewers. Cordell, Rijo and Susac were inconsequential to the bottom line. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Nottingham, Feliciano, Henry. Maybe even Harrison. 

And...what's wrong if I am considering Nottingham? 

I'm simply asking, are they legit prospects?  I'm not very well versed with Brewers' prospects, so I'm comparing them to Carson Kelly and Andrew Knizner who I think could make very legit arguments as top 100 prospects.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I'm simply asking, are they legit prospects?  I'm not very well versed with Brewers' prospects, so I'm comparing them to Carson Kelly and Andrew Knizner who I think could make very legit arguments as top 100 prospects.

I think Nottingham, Feliciano and Henry are viable prospects. Harrison is more likely a 1B than C.

And I'm not really comparing prospects across organisations either. Just stating that we have viable C prospects and power OF in spades. 

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I think Nottingham, Feliciano and Henry are viable prospects. Harrison is more likely a 1B than C.

And I'm not really comparing prospects across organisations either. Just stating that we have viable C prospects and power OF in spades. 

Granted it's the Rays (and you never know who they have their eye on), do you feel like you could come up with a legitimate package with a power-hitting OF and a legitimate C prospect?  I know the Brewers' farm system is relatively deep, but I'd have a hard time accepting a package with a back-end top 30 prospect as one of my two best pieces.  JMO though.

55 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Feliciano absolutely. He's been hurt, but he'll break out next year.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Granted it's the Rays (and you never know who they have their eye on), do you feel like you could come up with a legitimate package with a power-hitting OF and a legitimate C prospect?  I know the Brewers' farm system is relatively deep, but I'd have a hard time accepting a package with a back-end top 30 prospect as one of my two best pieces.  JMO though.

Absolutely could.

None of Nottingham, Feliciano or Henry are back end top 30 pieces, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

Edited by beekay414