The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

9 hours ago, SplashDive said:

If Schoop is the SS how bad is our defense?  Serious question I have no idea what he can do defensively

He's only played SS for the Orioles as a late inning swap-out, or in emergency situations.  He started practicing at short once JJ Hardy got injured early last year.  He's an average defensive 2B with a plus-plus arm, so he's likely going to be a below average SS, but with a good arm.  Sad to see him go, as I really thought Schoop could be the long-term building block for the Orioles, but Duquette is tearing down in earnest.  

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I kinda thought he was an afterthought, what do you see in him that makes him so special?  

Can stick at SS, has plus bat speed, has the type of frame where you can dream on power projection. Best case scenario is he shows enough power where pitchers have to start nibbling, so he develops an OBP game and is an everyday offensive caliber player who can also play a good SS.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

God. Damn. It. Shaw.

Hurts a lot, but not all that surprising. Having him come off the bench to face a groundball lefty was a pretty tough ask. But yeah, that stings. Not even asking him to get a run home there, just make sure Cain gets a chance.

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Hurts a lot, but not all that surprising. Having him come off the bench to face a groundball lefty was a pretty tough ask. But yeah, that stings. Not even asking him to get a run home there, just make sure Cain gets a chance.

Yep. That's what my main issue is. The one thing he absolutely couldn't do, he did.