The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

If we offered a package with some combination of Nottingham/Feliciano/Henry and Ray/Lutz/Santana as the main pieces, the Rays aren't saying no IMO.

I'm thinking it would take 5 or 6 of these guys to get Archer if that's what's on the table. Even then, I don't know if it's getting the deal done. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

A combination of the C/OF prospects and a few low ball upside fliers. He's not pulling 5 of those guys above lol.

So you think Santana, Lutz, Nottingham and 1 or 2 lower level flyers would be enough? 

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Real talk, when do we bite the bullet and cut Braun? He is not even decent anymore. 

I think if we cut him his non-deferred salary comes due, so we're stuck with him until at least the last year of his deal for budgetary reasons, and then even a little more than that if we don't want to write a $20M check.

I'd rather start using him as a soft-tosser or lefty only platoon bat basically, because he's really regressed.

Looks like we're rolling again though. 2-1 series win against Washington, 3-1 series win at San Fran, and a decent start to the Dodger series. Just gotta win one of the next 3 to split, which on the road would be solid. 15 games over .500 again, so back to high 80's win pace too.

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think if we cut him his non-deferred salary comes due, so we're stuck with him until at least the last year of his deal for budgetary reasons, and then even a little more than that if we don't want to write a $20M check.

I'd rather start using him as a soft-tosser or lefty only platoon bat basically, because he's really regressed.

Looks like we're rolling again though. 2-1 series win against Washington, 3-1 series win at San Fran, and a decent start to the Dodger series. Just gotta win one of the next 3 to split, which on the road would be solid. 15 games over .500 again, so back to high 80's win pace too.

What is Braun's last year on this deal?

7 minutes ago, Pugger said:

What is Braun's last year on this deal?

2020 with a $4M buyout in 2021.

FYI, I have a bunch of links to payroll stuff in the first post on the thread if you're curious about that, rosters, front office personnel, what our current payroll is (though I'm behind on that), who we drafted/signed, or who we signed in international amateur free agency.