The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yep especially once Hiura and Dubon come up. Lots of potential platoon options too.

Wonder what the plan is with Hiura now. Comes up in June/July and splits ABs with Shaw? Guess it gives us insurance in case Aguilar's season was a fluke considering Moose can man 1B.

1. Lorenzo Cain CF
2. Christian Yelich RF
3. Ryan Braun LF
4. Jesus Aguilar 1B
5. Travis Shaw 2B
6. Mike Moustakas 3B
7. Yasmani Grandal C
8. Orlando Arcia SS

God damn. Honestly, I might considering moving Arcia to the 2 hole and see if we can JJ Hardy him (get him pitches to hit in front of that lineup).

10 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Wonder what the plan is with Hiura now. Comes up in June/July and splits ABs with Shaw? Guess it gives us insurance in case Aguilar's season was a fluke considering Moose can man 1B.

I'm assuming nothing changes. Not really too much point keeping him down for the Super 2 deadline when he won't hit that deadline until this CBA is over, since the Super 2 system is probably getting obliterated anyway.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'm assuming nothing changes. Not really too much point keeping him down for the Super 2 deadline when he won't hit that deadline until this CBA is over, since the Super 2 system is probably getting obliterated anyway.

So you think he's with us before Super 2 or even out of camp with a good showing? I've always had him chalked up for a June/July debut. I could see Dubon getting the quick promotion if Arcia sucks tho.

Just now, beekay414 said:

So you think he's with us before Super 2 or even out of camp with a good showing? I've always had him chalked up for a June/July debut. I could see Dubon getting the quick promotion if Arcia sucks tho.

I think he and Dubon are in line for May promotions. Dubon shows he's healthy, Hiura keeps raking, and there's really no point of keeping them down. 

Dubon takes the Hernan Perez defensive replacement role. Hiura gets something like half the ABs at 2B, and they don't have to play him every day to keep nursing the elbow a little bit.

2 hours ago, umphrey said:

Love Moose but does this signing lack creativity?  Might be hard to get value out of this with a healthy infield and solid performance from Aguilar and Hiura.

I don't think so at all. It also puts up serious protection if Aguilar doesn't perform as well in 2019, which seems likely. It also provides them with a TON of lineup flexibility game-to-game especially when both Huira and Dubon are up. It's an easy and inexpensive move to shore up the one real weakness they had in the position player group.