The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

This is just going to be a total opposite of last year, isn't it? 162 extremely frustrating games and we'll squeak out a .500 record just because...

Sure looks like it. Nothing pretty. Offense will disappear for stretches. Backend of the pen will blow games. I think you almost have to make Hader your closer by default, which is kind of a shame, as I really like using him in big spots regardless of inning.

I think it's time to find a new hitting coach...since Darnell Coles took over...

WAR: 26th
AVG: 19th
OBP: 18th
SLG: 17th
OPS: 15th
wRC+: 20th
K%: 29th
BB%: 8th
HR: 14th

Striking out as much as we do to only be middle of the pack in power is just beyond inexcusable. That's not including pitchers btw.

I have hated the way Counsell has handled that bullpen since the day he started managing.  And over the past few days I have never seen so many infield hits against us.  I don't know how much more of this I can stand.  Baseball is supposed to be fun but this bunch just makes me mad and frustrated.  I think I'll find something else to do tomorrow afternoon. :(

7 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Hoover has to be the guy we cut to make room for Guerra. Has to be. If we send down Houser or Williams, I'll lose it.

To me the biggest part of this is Williams' health. Chacin has been terrible, Suter can't go more than 5 innings, Guerra is a complete question mark, and Woodruff is still getting stretched out. This bullpen is going to need to eat a lot of innings. We might have to keep Houser up as a long man if Williams can't go back to back days yet, but it's not like Houser is the picture of health either.

If the reason we keep Hoover up is that we don't want to push 2 potentially valuable bullpen arms into another injury because they aren't ready, I'll begrudgingly accept it. 

7 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Sure looks like it. Nothing pretty. Offense will disappear for stretches. Backend of the pen will blow games. I think you almost have to make Hader your closer by default, which is kind of a shame, as I really like using him in big spots regardless of inning.

I'm shifting my expectations down a little. If we can get Jimmy back 100% and put ourselves in a position to upgrade the back 7 or so spots in the roster, I'll be happy. Something like a rotation Nelson-Anderson-Burnes-Woodruff-Davies, a bullpen with Knebel-Hader-Barnes-Williams-Albers-Suter-someone, Hiura ready or near-ready for the full time 2B job, and Dubon instead of Perez on Opening Day would basically end the transition from rebuilding to competing.

Right now we've got like 15 guys on the roster figured out, including most of the important spots. Just need the depth to arrive.