The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

Just now, Forge said:

It's amazing that Bickford was a top 5 prospect for us and he clocks in at #25 for you guys O.o

Probably has more to do with the fact that he hasn't played this year than anything. Lot of recency bias in that prospect list by Callis. 

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Not surprising, but good news. Though I'm sure it's because Braun is heading to the DL or something.

lol I was going to post it but I kept running into issues with formatting from my phone (I was on the pooper). Damn you for scooping me!

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

It's fine. Now it just looks like I'm talking to myself.

lol yeah. I don't understand why we'd pull him during a game to promote him...

But yeah, it'll probably be because Braun's going back on the DL.

Edited by bkobow05

Just now, bkobow05 said:

lol yeah. I don't understand why we'd pull him during a game to promote him...

Yeah, it's pretty weird. Just trying to give him a send off in front of the Sky Sox faithful.

So Phillips moves to the fourth outfield spot. He should still see his fair share of ABs. Figure Braun can really only be playing three out of every four days and maybe just have Brinson do the same thing. Occasional day off for Santana and at least you're getting him two or three starts a week.

10 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

This Brinson stuff is driving me nuts. What's going on?

They're playing matchups. Phillips in CF against a LHP isn't ideal, and Swarzak won't be in DC today, so they call up Brinson for a spot start for a platoon advantage, DFA the RP we were going to DFA anyway, then send him back down for Swarzak after the game.

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

They're playing matchups. Phillips in CF against a LHP isn't ideal, and Swarzak won't be in DC today, so they call up Brinson for a spot start for a platoon advantage, DFA the RP we were going to DFA anyway, then send him back down for Swarzak after the game.

And then out of no where Garza goes on the DL. I hope Brinson is up for good. Nothing left for him to accomplish at AAA. Play Brinson for 2/3 of the games and Phillips 1/3 at CF. Then let Phillips sub every 4-5th game for Braun in LF. 

Would anyone want Perez or Aguilar for a RP? Obviously not a late inning guy but just someone better than Torres or Drake?