Top Defensive Triplets in the NFL

HoboRocket

On 7/27/2019 at 3:03 PM, Ozzy said:

A group that by the end of this season could be up there with anyone especially if Ed Oliver plays as good as he should.

Bills: Termaine Edmunds, Tre'Davious White, Ed Oliver.

Nah. They aren't in the same league as the Bears triplet. I'm confident in saying that not one of those Bills can or will match Mack's ability. That alone puts them in a different class. 

11 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Nah. They aren't in the same league as the Bears triplet. I'm confident in saying that not one of those Bills can or will match Mack's ability. That alone puts them in a different class. 

True but I was talking about down the road a little ways, and Ed Oliver I feel has the potential to be better than Hicks long term but will see.  Edmunds might not be Mack because Mack is a pass rusher but as a all purpose ILB Edmunds could be one of the best in the game, he is awesome in coverage and has great range.  And Jackson is great because of the big plays he makes but not sure he will keep up that kind of TD production or INT production up but will see.  White is a very promising young CB who can play and they also have Trent Murphy and Micah Hyde some of the better players at their positions in the NFL as well. 

So just saying the Bills will be up there in terms of defensive talent especially at the end of this season and the start of next.  Edmunds potential and upside I feel is huge, I mean what kind of ILBs have that size 6-5 250 and have the range he has in coverage, he is a rare athlete for the position.  12 passes defended as a rookie shows the range and length he has at ILB, he is a big time talent.  

On 7/20/2019 at 10:38 AM, Superman(DH23) said:

The problem with trying to make a Bears triplets is there are just too many damn good players on D to pick 3.  You cant leave Mack, Hicks, or Jackson off.  Roquan is an emerging star, Fuller is doing his thing, and Eddie Goldman is quietly becoming one of the most dominant 2 gap defenders in the league.

That just means they have a great D. By the OP--Mack, Smith and Jackson fit just fine...