The WR battle of 2019

gopherwrestler

7 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

when might Doctson be coming back? do we think he'll have an impact for the team, or is it too late to work him in?

I think Doctson will have a role. He has familiarity with Cousins. That can help speed his transition. 

The interesting thing will be to see if they decide to bring him back next season, or if he tests the market. 

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

No, they already have a player who seems to have substance issues, they don't need another.  

Yeah, I'm willing to take a flyer on a guy who won't be relied upon to be anything more than, at most, the #3 WR on the team. If he smokes up again, we're back to Doctson and Bisi. No big whoop. If he stays clean, we have a matchup nightmare as our #3 and Thielen gets to operate out of the slot more. 

Low risk, high reward.

4 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Yeah, I'm willing to take a flyer on a guy who won't be relied upon to be anything more than, at most, the #3 WR on the team. If he smokes up again, we're back to Doctson and Bisi. No big whoop. If he stays clean, we have a matchup nightmare as our #3 and Thielen gets to operate out of the slot more. 

Low risk, high reward.

But, you have to cut someone one to bring him in even for the time being.  The risk doesn't supercede the reward in this case.  

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

But, you have to cut someone one to bring him in even for the time being.  The risk doesn't supercede the reward in this case.  

Davis? Some other guy at the end of the depth chart? I'm not worried about cutting the 53rd guy on the roster. 

8 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Davis? Some other guy at the end of the depth chart? I'm not worried about cutting the 53rd guy on the roster. 

Davis won't be on the roster when Thielen comes back...and I'm not taking snaps away from Bisi Johnson for Josh Gordon.  He doesn't add anything to the roster as far as I'm concerned.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Why did the Patriots cut him? They've been desperate for WR help

They haven't yet, but they plan to do so.  And they just acquired Mohamed Sanu and N'Keal Harry is coming back...they have absolutely no need for Gordon.