The WR battle of 2019

gopherwrestler

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I guess I’d rather take my chances on a rookie who is still learning the job than a veteran who knows the job, but is awful at it. Give me potential over incompetence.

That's is why one made the team (practice squad) and the other was cut.  But the situation has changed.  One guy is likely a short term fix, while the other is likely to have time to develop. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Is Michael Crabtree a possibility?  I heard that he was released recently.

I've also heard that he has had a noticeable athletic decline. 

Receiver Josh Doctson has yet to play a game for the Vikings. He hopes too suit up for the first time for his new team Nov. 10 against his hometown team, the Dallas Cowboys. Doctson played at Mansfield Legacy High School and TCU in the shadow of AT&T Stadium. Doctson went on injured reserve with a hamstring issue Sept. 12. The Week 10 game is the first he is eligible to return.

Doctson: “For sure, absolutely, that’s the target.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/26/josh-doctson-targeting-week-10-return-vs-cowboys/

2 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Receiver Josh Doctson has yet to play a game for the Vikings. He hopes too suit up for the first time for his new team Nov. 10 against his hometown team, the Dallas Cowboys. Doctson played at Mansfield Legacy High School and TCU in the shadow of AT&T Stadium. Doctson went on injured reserve with a hamstring issue Sept. 12. The Week 10 game is the first he is eligible to return.

Doctson: “For sure, absolutely, that’s the target.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/26/josh-doctson-targeting-week-10-return-vs-cowboys/

Wow, I didn't think he would be back at all this season.  That would be GREAT if he could be back in action then.  I like him a lot better than Treadwell.

11 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

What talent? Outside of being a first round pick, I don’t get the talent argument. He’s slow, doesn’t move well, and hasn’t figured out how to use his size to his advantage, that should be a natural thing for him at this point. His biggest strength coming out were his hands, and he frequently has mental lapses that lead to drops. Dillon Mitchell has more useful talent at this point.

Look, Treadwell is the right choice. He's a true talent.

He's full of talent and is a better receiver than he was last year. He said so himself.

If he played a full 16, I wouldn't be shocked if he was an all-pro.

13 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Wow, I didn't think he would be back at all this season.  That would be GREAT if he could be back in action then.  I like him a lot better than Treadwell.

I just took him off IR in Madden 20 and put Beebe on IR, since Beebe's already been injured twice in 6 games.  :D