Would you buy if 2k did this?

MossyMoss

Buy?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Buy?

• Yes
    • No

I always hoped 2k will follow what Pro Evolution did back then when they didn't have license to some of the EPL teams and players. 

Back then they had the better game play mechanics comparing to FIFA but couldn't get use the teams and players name, I remembered they only had license for Arsenal and Man Utd for the EPL. 

They would make up generic names for the teams and players, but when you played you knew exactly which team and players you were controlling and later on the franchise would have a huge fan base creating mods for the league, uniforms, players likeness, stadium names, likeness, fans chant etc for the PC mode it was the ultimate soccer simulation.. 

With that said, if 2k was to follow what Pro Evo did back then and with a possible huge fanbase in the future to support the mods for uniforms etc, would you buy the game? 

They wouldn't be able to get away with it unless they completely randomized the rosters... Even using fake teams and players if the attributes were accurate for the players they could get popped for using player likeness without permission.

Not really any different than what EA use to do with NCAA football... Except they at least had permission to use the team names.

10 hours ago, MossyMoss said:

I always hoped 2k will follow what Pro Evolution did back then when they didn't have license to some of the EPL teams and players. 

Back then they had the better game play mechanics comparing to FIFA but couldn't get use the teams and players name, I remembered they only had license for Arsenal and Man Utd for the EPL. 

They would make up generic names for the teams and players, but when you played you knew exactly which team and players you were controlling and later on the franchise would have a huge fan base creating mods for the league, uniforms, players likeness, stadium names, likeness, fans chant etc for the PC mode it was the ultimate soccer simulation.. 

With that said, if 2k was to follow what Pro Evo did back then and with a possible huge fanbase in the future to support the mods for uniforms etc, would you buy the game? 

Brah PES was the goat. I love how back then you could buy or sell players. But you can’t do that on FIFA? Why. Reminded me of MLB the show 09.. When you could upgrade from bus to private plane. How much you won define your revenue. I haven’t touched it since but I loved PES08.. Best soccer game ever.. Does fifa have that now where you could sell or buy players? And I’m not talking about my team. I hate that ish same with madden.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

They wouldn't be able to get away with it unless they completely randomized the rosters... Even using fake teams and players if the attributes were accurate for the players they could get popped for using player likeness without permission.

Not really any different than what EA use to do with NCAA football... Except they at least had permission to use the team names.

actually players don't even look similar at all from the launch, its the mods that the community create that makes the likeness of the players. I don't think any problem went back to PES when they did it. 

10 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Brah PES was the goat. I love how back then you could buy or sell players. But you can’t do that on FIFA? Why. Reminded me of MLB the show 09.. When you could upgrade from bus to private plane. How much you won define your revenue. I haven’t touched it since but I loved PES08.. Best soccer game ever.. Does fifa have that now where you could sell or buy players? And I’m not talking about my team. I hate that ish same with madden.

Yeah those were the days, I think the mode was called Master League.

32 minutes ago, MossyMoss said:

actually players don't even look similar at all from the launch, its the mods that the community create that makes the likeness of the players. I don't think any problem went back to PES when they did it. 

Doesn't matter if they look similar... The NFL is insanely anal about pretty much everything and there's no way they'd let it happen.

20 hours ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Yeah, manager mode, always had it, and it's a million times better than PES' Master League IMO, because it's actually real leagues and not a load of random teams thrown together. Take over a team as manager, buy/sell players, bring through youth players, they've got pretty much all the licences for competitions now too.

It's the only thing I ever do on FIFA, usually take over a team in England's fourth division and take them to the top.