Late Round QB

NcFinest9erFan

Keep hearing buzz for Winston in the Arian's offense.  I'll be keeping a close eye on him.  Lots of weapons in that offense if he can just stop turning the ball over.

Plus he's a solid deep ball thrower and we know what Arian's will want him to do with those weapons specifically Evans and Howard stretching the field.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Keep hearing buzz for Winston in the Arian's offense.  I'll be keeping a close eye on him.  Lots of weapons in that offense if he can just stop turning the ball over.

Plus he's a solid deep ball thrower and we know what Arian's will want him to do with those weapons specifically Evans and Howard stretching the field.

ah yes..forgot about him too..

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I dont have 1 in particular but i think(my rankings/projections are at home) but my projections have #6-~15 different by like 1 ppg. I’m waiting...a long time for a QB

Yeah the only QB that I could pick early is Carson Wentz but outside of that I'll wait.

Winston is a good one, we know he's got a good deep ball, and Arians likes to stretch the field.  

Lamar Jackson will get good multipurpose yards, but I am not a fan of the Ravens receiving corps. 

Kirk Cousins is a great bounceback candidate, and he has all of the weapons one could hope for.  Great receivers, a very good tight end and a talented RB.  

Derek Carr with Antonio Brown may also be an interesting pick up. 

13 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why him though? If he could finish 16 games without a major injury I'd sign on but he scares me if he can't help me in December

I just FEEL like we'll get the Wentz from two years ago. The one who was on pace for 40+ TDs before the ACL. I also feel like because of the past two years, owners may sleep on him.

Edited by NcFinest9erFan

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I just FEEL like we'll get the Wentz from two years ago. The one who was on pace for 40+ TDs before the ACL. I also feel like because of the past two years, owners may sleep on him.

I do feel like he isnt being treated like the MVP caliber QB we saw then but his WRs arent that great as Alshon has taken a step back. DJax there is intriguing though

• Like 1

There are a few guys outside the top12 (according to espn rankings) that I'll be targeting....

1. Mitch Trubisky 

2. Kyler Murray 

3. Jimmy Garoppolo 

4. Dak Preskott 

5. Kirk Cousins 

Quarterback is one of those positions I'm not all that worried about. There's always a guy late in the draft you can pick up or a guy after a few weeks on the Waiver Wire you can get for nothing. A few years ago Josh freaking McCown carried my team. 

Edited by holt_bruce81
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

There are a few guys outside the top12 (according to espn rankings) that I'll be targeting....

1. Mitch Trubisky 

2. Kyler Murray 

3. Jimmy Garoppolo 

4. Dak Preskott 

5. Kirk Cousins 

Quarterback is one of those positions I'm not all that worried about. There's always a guy late in the draft you can pick up or a guy after a few weeks on the Waiver Wire you can get for nothing. A few years ago Josh freaking McCown carried my team. 

Do you guys set any roster settings where you can only roster 1 qb? Just wondering. My home league doesn't so we usually have 2 teams or so that keep 2 QBs then when you try to trade for one, they want the farm.

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Do you guys set any roster settings where you can only roster 1 qb? Just wondering. My home league doesn't so we usually have 2 teams or so that keep 2 QBs then when you try to trade for one, they want the farm.

That's really strange. 

Why would anyone pay the farm for a QB

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

That's really strange. 

Why would anyone pay the farm for a QB

yeah. Last year we had an owner who picked Cam(Round 10 I think) then picked Mahomes in Round 16. Well you know how that went. Mahomes was QB1 and Cam was a top QB himself till he got hurt. I didn't send him any trades for either one but I heard from folks who tried to get Cam from him that he wanted the farm for him.

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

yeah. Last year we had an owner who picked Cam(Round 10 I think) then picked Mahomes in Round 16. Well you know how that went. Mahomes was QB1 and Cam was a top QB himself till he got hurt. I didn't send him any trades for either one but I heard from folks who tried to get Cam from him that he wanted the farm for him.

To me thats just silly on his part

He knew he was starting Mahomes every week except MAYBE a one off. I get not wanting to help your competition but he would have been so much better if he took a fair deal

• Like 1

I know that no one is relying on him, but I have seen Jimmy G pop up in alot of these types of conversations. And I just dont see it. Hes still coming off an major injury, so Id imagine he'll still be getting his feet back under him to start the year. And I know many worship little Shanahan, but his targets are still all 2nd/3rd teir options, with now a backfield full of runners.I wouldnt even look his way till the second half of the year, the first time he will be close to healthy off that injury, but I still dont see him separating himself from the pack of QBs at 13-20 until the Niners get a Top WR for him.

Who I would be interested in would be Josh Allen. And its not because I think he is a great QB, hes below average, and think he will most likely always be. But its his legs that make him such a weapon, and while they say they will slow that down, its just not in his DNA to stop scrambling. And while the OL got better, his weapons are still subpar. So I dont see him scrambling less this year, and if Shady ends up being shipped out of Buffalo, thats even more yards for Allen to pick up.