Preseason Coaches Poll released

naptownskinsfan

Let's hear your thoughts on the pre-season Coaches Poll, which was released today.  Any surprises?  Who didn't make it that should be on there? 

1. Clemson (59)
2. Alabama (6)
3. Georgia
4. Oklahoma
5. Ohio State
6. LSU
7. Michigan
8. Florida
9. Notre Dame
10. Texas
11. Texas A&M
12. Washington
13. Oregon
14. Penn State
15. Utah
16. Auburn
T17. Wisconsin
T17. UCF
19. Iowa
20. Michigan State
21. Washington State
22. Syracuse
23. Stanford
24. Iowa State
25. Northwestern

Others receiving votes: Nebraska 152; Boise State 118; Mississippi State 111; Miami (FL) 94; Army 91; Kentucky 79; Virginia Tech 64; TCUn 63; USC 47; Utah State 32; Fresno State 32; Virginia 30; Cincinnati 25; West Virginia 24; Memphis 24; Oklahoma State 20; South Carolina 15; NC State 12; Duke 10; Boston College 5; Florida State 4; Baylor 4; Appalachian State 4; North Texas 3; Houston 3; UCLA 2; Temple 2; Arizona State 2; Troy 1; Tennessee 1; Ole Miss 1; Minnesota 1.

Annoyingly it's probably about right, surprised by the difference in 1st place votes between Clemson and 'bama but by a long way they seem to be above the others.

Think Florida is probably higher than they should be at this point, also Texas A&M; would like to see Auburn higher and sad to see FSU where they are, but it's probably about right at the moment.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tamar Raider said:

Annoyingly it's probably about right, surprised by the difference in 1st place votes between Clemson and 'bama but by a long way they seem to be above the others.

Think Florida is probably higher than they should be at this point, also Texas A&M; would like to see Auburn higher and sad to see FSU where they are, but it's probably about right at the moment.

I was a bit surprised we didn't get a couple homer votes for UGA or Oklahoma.  

That's really terrible about Florida State, but you are correct.  Taggert is going to have one of the hottest seats outside of Clay Helton this year.  

Personally, I;m a bit surprised Army didn't sneak into the back of the top 25. 

Not sure I'd have Clemson over Alabama right now. Losing your entire starting D-Line, 3 of which were top 17 picks isn't going to be easy to replace, no doubt they have good players to replace them, but how good and how soon? That remains to be seen. At least they have T-Lawrence still, but at this point on paper I'm taking Alabama to be the better team across the board.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Danger said:

Not sure I'd have Clemson over Alabama right now. Losing your entire starting D-Line, 3 of which were top 17 picks isn't going to be easy to replace, no doubt they have good players to replace them, but how good and how soon? That remains to be seen. At least they have T-Lawrence still, but at this point on paper I'm taking Alabama to be the better team across the board.

true however they do pretty well replacing those guys. I remember 2015 they had like 3 starters back and still had a top 10 defense.

• Like 1

Top 10 looks about right to me. I'm bullish on Oklahoma right now. 

11-15 has the right teams, but I'd probably go: Washington, Oregon, A&M, Penn State, Utah

16-20 is a toss up for me. I'm skeptical about UCF and Wisconsin with their QB situations and I'd probably drop Auburn a few spots. 

21-25 for me would go: Stanford, Iowa State, Boise State, Army.

Definitely not mad about it, and the rankings are going to change dramatically after week 1 anyway. 

• Like 1