Preseason, Week 1: VIKINGS (0-0) at Saints (0-0)

swede700

Preseason Impact  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which ex-Viking will make the biggest impact in the game?

• QB Teddy Bridgewater
    • C Nick Easton
    • FB Zach Line
    • DB Marcus Sherels
    • RB Latavius Murray

11 minutes ago, solidvikingfan said:

Really no Aruna, that sucks, and no Boyd also is a kick in the nadz.  O'Neill or Collins?  Who is going to play at OT, guess Udoh will get a ton of time.  

8 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I don’t think Sloter is competing for QB2 at this point, based on camp reports. He’s been losing snaps to Browning in camp. 

Jake Browning?  He is a great leader in college and has good pocket presence but honestly disappointed as a senior and basically could not complete a forward pass almost in some games, aka the Cal game was awful for him and he does not have a NFL arm.  Sloter is bigger, strong has a better arm and more experience but might not have the leadership or mind Browning does.  If Browning beats him out and is the #2 backup that would be a surprise I feel, there is a reason he was a UDFA, that arm is weak.

Oh and I assume Easton starts at center for the Saints, why else would they pay him 4 years $22 million to sit on the bench.  But long term no doubt they are looking at McCoy and if he plays well sure they could cut Easton next year or the year after.

(looking at some depth charts online they have McCoy the starter, but again why pay Easton that crap ton of money to sit on the bench I wonder?  Curious how that all plays out in the season, Easton could be a guard of course also but they have Warford who is a Pro bowler and Peat but maybe they want to move Peat to backup OT.)

Edited by Ozzy

4 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

I guess this has been aimed at me?  I didn't think that my comments were all that controversial.  I suppose I have a lot to learn yet.  I will not likely post in this particular string again.  I apologize since I caused some irritation in the group.  Honestly, that was not what I was looking to do.

Not mad at you, just saying I don't understand being interested enough in the Vikings to be posting here in August but not interested enough to care about a preseason game that'll feature almost all of the team's rookies and developmental players. 

The questions we've been asking about this year's team (will the OL be better, can Kubiak fix the run game, do they have legitimate depth at WR, can the developmental DTs offer some pass rush, who plays corner while Hughes and Hill are out, is the kicking game going to be an Achilles heel yet again, etc) start to get answered tonight. Plus there'll be indications as how the coaches see the real depth chart, and questions about injuries and timelines for recovery and return to play. 

Nothing will be definitive until the real games start in September, but we could be feeling considerably better or worse about the team by then based on what happens over the next few weeks. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Krauser said:

Not mad at you, just saying I don't understand being interested enough in the Vikings to be posting here in August but not interested enough to care about a preseason game that'll feature almost all of the team's rookies and developmental players. 

It is totally fine to be a fan but not be interested in the minutia of scouting or roster building. Not everyone cares about the 4th string guards. We’re all still Vikings fans.

• Like 2