Scott McCloughan's draft classes for us were a disaster

mar29020

7 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Lol.  You're giving Bruce Allen too much credit.  He believes the things he's done have improved this team.  We will probably bomb, but it won't be on purpose IMO.

Out of respect we did sign zach brown and DJ while we drafted arguably the second best defensive lineman in the draft . 

Ryan Anderson also can be a stud for us .

allen also brought in Jay Gruden which completely has the skins competitive.

allen uniform choices are terrible tho. What credit should SM get? He brought in a few pieces but arguably this year those guys we got now will make a huge difference vs last year it might have not shown so much in preseason but so what .

I don't even see how we can judge that yet!!! We literally could have drafted the next AJ Green with consistent hands in the tail end of the first round last year if healthy. Also you can't tell me they didn't hold onto Scots board for this year. Yes this Cravens thing is a concern but again when have we ever drafted a second round player the last like 10 years? Preston Smith hopefully shines but that's one. It isn't about the positions Scot drafted and when he drafted them. It's the attitudes they bring! And yes he has misses and we can keep focusing on them. But if we could ever just have luck with injuries then tell me how this team isn't ready to compete? Not just Scots picks but look at this roster. Reed when healthy is up there with Gronk. JD has AJ Green traits. Trent when healthy is premier. Kerrigan, Anderson, Smith and Gallette if ever healthy could be a dangerous group. But I'm going to get off the what if game I know this team and our luck but just saying there's been a lot of talent supplemented throughout the roster. Not every pick is gonna be a started but key contributors are just as important as your name players all day long.

7 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Agreed ... time to accept it guys SM sucked and it's what the coaching that was missing .

He was here two years and coincidentally we had back to back records over .500. He didn't suck and he was building an actual football team. You aren't going to hit on all of your draft choices and it's not his fault Cravens decided he didn't want to play football anymore. 

Scherff, Crowder, Jarrett(again, not his fault)Kelley, Ioannidis have all contributed quite a bit. You can't just give a guy two draft classes and then fire him. Bruce has been building this team since 2010, how's that worked out for us?

McCloughan doesn't suck, not every decision a GM or coach makes is going to turn out to be perfect, and you can't predict injuries or that a player will be going through personal issues going into his second season. 

Yes, McCloughan isn't perfect - non one has ever claimed he was - but the direction he gave this team in his two offseasons here were far better than any direction we've had except when Betheard was our GM and Gibbs was our HC the last 35 years.

McCloughan said this about Cravens, and I hope he's right:

47 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

McCloughan doesn't suck, not every decision a GM or coach makes is going to turn out to be perfect, and you can't predict injuries or that a player will be going through personal issues going into his second season. 

Yes, McCloughan isn't perfect - non one has ever claimed he was - but the direction he gave this team in his two offseasons here were far better than any direction we've had except when Betheard was our GM and Gibbs was our HC the last 35 years.

McCloughan said this about Cravens, and I hope he's right:

Lol I thought you didn't like SM????????

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

He was here two years and coincidentally we had back to back records over .500. He didn't suck and he was building an actual football team. You aren't going to hit on all of your draft choices and it's not his fault Cravens decided he didn't want to play football anymore. 

Scherff, Crowder, Jarrett(again, not his fault)Kelley, Ioannidis have all contributed quite a bit. You can't just give a guy two draft classes and then fire him. Bruce has been building this team since 2010, how's that worked out for us?

lol Gruden was the reason we got better . I mean Allen didn't do bad in 2014 I can't say about the other years because that all could of been Shanahan.

allen brought in Jackson long Moses and breeland ,Murphy in 2014 and picked coach Gruden . 

Shanahan brought in Reed, Cousins,Williams,Kerrigan,Paul,

Our roster is young and is better than last year . Losing Jackson and Garçon could be replaced and maybe not ... but we had to do it and let them go they where in there 30s with possibly a good amount of money to ask . We already had Doctson and a very elite slot wideout in Crowder .. while we picked up Pryor which is huge!.

I won't hate on SM so much but researching I feel it wasn't him so much on success with the 49ers and Seahawks that credit should be given to Harbough and Pete Carrol ( who has a lot of power )

54 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

lol Gruden was the reason we got better . I mean Allen didn't do bad in 2014 I can't say about the other years because that all could of been Shanahan.

allen brought in Jackson long Moses and breeland ,Murphy in 2014 and picked coach Gruden . 

Our roster is young and is better than last year . Losing Jackson and Garçon could be replaced and maybe not ... but we had to do it and let them go they where in there 30s with possibly a good amount of money to ask . We already had Doctson and a very elite slot wideout in Crowder .. while we picked up Pryor which is huge!.

I won't hate on SM so much but researching I feel it wasn't him so much on success with the 49ers and Seahawks that credit should be given to Harbough and Pete Carrol ( who has a lot of power )

Allen is the reason RGIII was drafted. That alone should be enough to dismiss him

Also, 2014 Draft was Trent Murphy (needs roids to be useful), Morgan Moses (decent RT), Spencer Long (awful), Ryan Grant (useless), Breeland (talented head case), And fodder after that.

This team is not better.

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

So it's okay that we lost DJax and Garçon because we have Crowder and Doctson but SM sucks? Okay lol

Archived