Week 1 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (0-0) @ Houston Texans (0-0)

.Buzz

10 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

"Jags got lucky facing an emotionally drained Houston."

Hey, it could happen...

I mean, it wouldn't be entirely shocking if their focus was a little bit away from Football this week.  A team running an emotional high and a lack of focus can be a pretty bad combo.  That would be entirely understandable given the extreme circumstances.

But you don't see me out here teeing up a "Jags got lucky facing an emotionally drained Houston" narrative in case they win.  I'd take that and be absolutely thrilled with it.  If they come in prepared enough to win, whatever the circumstances...that's all i want.

Because while it's understandable as an "excuse" for Houston to potentially sag, given the scale of actual disaster there around them...The Jaguars really have no excuse for not coming in prepared to meet that expected emotional high.  There's no actual disaster going on there right now (other than maybe the football disaster of Blake Bortles and the OLine and the front office and...errr...that stuff).  Prepare for the other team's best.

33 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Hey, it could happen...

I mean, it wouldn't be entirely shocking if their focus was a little bit away from Football this week.  A team running an emotional high and a lack of focus can be a pretty bad combo.  That would be entirely understandable given the extreme circumstances.

But you don't see me out here teeing up a "Jags got lucky facing an emotionally drained Houston" narrative in case they win.  I'd take that and be absolutely thrilled with it.  If they come in prepared enough to win, whatever the circumstances...that's all i want.

Because while it's understandable as an "excuse" for Houston to potentially sag, given the scale of actual disaster there around them...The Jaguars really have no excuse for not coming in prepared to meet that expected emotional high.  There's no actual disaster going on there right now (other than maybe the football disaster of Blake Bortles and the OLine and the front office and...errr...that stuff).  Prepare for the other team's best.

fwiw, I was somewhat kidding.

Same with the score. I think it will be close and is a toss-up for who will win.

3 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I'll be shocked if Texans score 27. Heck I'll be shocked if we score 20 on offense.  

We're the same way. Very unlikely we get a good showing from Bortles and your front 7 on D vs our OL seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

We're the same way. Very unlikely we get a good showing from Bortles and your front 7 on D vs our OL seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

I think the score is going to be ugly. (dont mean that in a good way for each team either). Like a 17-13 type game. O'Brien has made the Texans offense boring to watch. You guys have a respectful defense. For the Texans I think it will come down to how much they run the ball. Texans will be playing with 3 WR's most likely. Hopkins, B. Miller and Ellington. Tyler Irvin will be playing some WR in some situations as well. If Jags get pressure on Savage we could be in trouble offensively. If the game was in Jacksonvile I think you guys would win. 

Archived