Preseason Week 1: Browns vs Redskins - Beginning of a Dynasty

candyman93

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

Actually I am used to watching how good teams are run. I watched the Kosar led teams. 

Go see the Patriots ideals of drafting a development qb. That’s how I want to do it. 

Okay...then let's look at the trades since that's apparently what we're looking to get out of the whole developmental QB thing. 

Jimmy G fetched a second round pick. He was a second round pick. 

Jacob Brissett was drafted in round three. He was traded for Phillip Dorsett. 

Ryan Mallett was drafted in round three. He was traded for a sixth round pick. 

There's so many scenarios where this doesn't really work in our favor. There's no reason to do it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Should we go after Jay Ajayi?

I think that someone with his track record is going to be looking for an opportunity where he could be the #2 (or #1A if they are really strapped for a RB), not where the #1A guy will be joining the club after the 8th game.

6 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Okay...then let's look at the trades since that's apparently what we're looking to get out of the whole developmental QB thing. 

Jimmy G fetched a second round pick. He was a second round pick. 

Jacob Brissett was drafted in round three. He was traded for Phillip Dorsett. 

Ryan Mallett was drafted in round three. He was traded for a sixth round pick. 

There's so many scenarios where this doesn't really work in our favor. There's no reason to do it. 

Yeah you’re missing a few in there. I’ve had too much beer to use my brain properly so you can have your way I’ll have mine 😈

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah you’re missing a few in there. I’ve had too much beer to use my brain properly so you can have your way I’ll have mine 😈

Sorry. I only picked the important ones from the last 10 years. I'd be happy to discuss the trade value of Zach Robinson, Danny Etling, and Kevin O'Connell if they had any. 

1 minute ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

It didn't end up being a long term thing, but do you think the Redskins were happy they took a flyer on Kirk Cousins in the 4th round?

Absolutely, but that's the only time in recent history this has ever worked out 100% of the way. 

• Like 1