Are the Pittsburgh Steelers contenders in the AFC?

DigInBoys

On 13/08/2019 at 1:12 AM, LTF said:

Ben was just as good as Rivers and Luck last year, but everyone gets hung up over 16 INTs even though they came on 675 attempts. 

His INT rate of 2.4 was his lowest since 2014. Same as Rivers and 0.1 away from Luck. 

Had a higher DVOA than Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers last year. But Ben is the only guy who has fallen off apparently. 

See, this is why I have my concern though.

Your running game was as good as before without Leveon, why would pass that much? Give your defense a break and run the damn ball.

2 hours ago, evilpimp972 said:

See, this is why I have my concern though.

Your running game was as good as before without Leveon, why would pass that much? Give your defense a break and run the damn ball.

It was good until Conner got hurt.   

And our new OC was too pass happy.

Edited by FourThreeMafia

Any conversation about contenders in the AFC starts and ends with the Patriots as far as I'm concerned. So let's take them out of it for a second.

Sure, I think the Steelers can be right there with the Chiefs and Chargers. PIT has a chance to have a top defense, Conner already showed their running game will be fine, and that team has developed WRs better than any team in recent memory, so I'm not doubting them there either.

Absolutely.

Just feel that with Ben at QB and Tomlin having already won a SB running the show, they always have a chance.

Sure they've lost Bell, but that didn't seem to bother them last season, and Brown, but Juju can definitely be a #1 receiver.

A good team who can certainly win the North. Might struggle should they get to the playoffs but feel they can beat any team in the AFC.