Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

13 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Trade Trent Williams to Bengals for Rookie OT (IR) Jonah Williams & WR John Ross....speed...damn it....we want more speed....šŸ‘šŸ¤©šŸ˜Ž

Then dump Josh Doctson off at the next 7-11.

Ā 

Josh Doctson is a better WR than John Ross.Ā Ā 

33 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I mean, yeah pretty sure.Ā  Josh Ross' career stats are 21 catches for 210 yards (but a surprising 7 TDs).Ā  Doctson has had two 500+ yard receiving seasons.Ā 

The trade will never happen, but if we did get Jonah Williams and John Ross back for Trent Williams, Ross could still develop into a better WR than Doctson.

First off, it's hard to compare the two bc Ross is a smaller stretch the field type ofĀ WR. He's not going to catch as many balls but will have more yards on his receptions than a WR like Doctson.

Also, Ross has more years left on hisĀ rookie deal than Doctson so he has a few more years toĀ develop on that rookieĀ deal before it's up. Doctson has had two more years than Ross and failed to be consistent andĀ impress. Ross only has one year really in the NFL bc he was injuredĀ as aĀ rookie in 2017.

56 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Also, Ross has more years left on hisĀ rookie deal than Doctson so he has a few more years toĀ develop on that rookieĀ deal before it's up. Doctson has had two more years than Ross and failed to be consistent andĀ impress. Ross only has one year really in the NFL bc he was injuredĀ as aĀ rookie in 2017.

Okay ... so the Josh Doctson scenario again from two years agoĀ with just a smaller but faster receiver?

Not interested.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Also, in breaking news: water is wet

Yeah I mean if Iā€™m Snyder Iā€™d talk to Trent I mean I know Danny thinks Bruce is getting him this stadium and I believe he will too. But if the best player in Dan Snyderā€™s run at owning his team as far as results on the field over time I think he deserves a listen.

26 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Yeah I mean if Iā€™m Snyder Iā€™d talk to Trent I mean I know Danny thinks Bruce is getting him this stadium and I believe he will too. But if the best player in Dan Snyderā€™s run at owning his team as far as results on the field over time I think he deserves a listen.

IĀ stillĀ don't get that. Why does Snyder think that Bruce has any pull in any of the local governments? Because his brother was governor of Virginia over 20 years ago?

If Bruce cannot handle player situations (failed on Kirk, Trent at risk), why does SnyderĀ think Bruce will get him a deal on a new stadium?

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion just yet when the guy has barely played bc of his injury last year, and even then he was just a rookie.Ā It may be true, but that's certainly an assumption you're making. It'sĀ TBD IMO.

Because he sucks. When Penn State fans were shocked he was a fourth round pick that shouldā€™ve told us something. But hey, he can run fast.Ā 

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Because he sucks. When Penn State fans were shocked he was a fourth round pick that shouldā€™ve told us something. But hey, he can run fast.Ā 

They need to move Apke to CB and just let him shadow WRs on coverage. Ā I donā€™t think he knows what heā€™s doing in all the open space a Safety plays in.

50 minutes ago, Woz said:

IĀ stillĀ don't get that. Why does Snyder think that Bruce has any pull in any of the local governments? Because his brother was governor of Virginia over 20 years ago?

If Bruce cannot handle player situations (failed on Kirk, Trent at risk), why does SnyderĀ think Bruce will get him a deal on a new stadium?

Because heā€™s a snake and snakes do political work lol. Might have to sacrifice a unicorn to do it but he will find a way to con some area into funding for this stadium

Archived