Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

6 minutes ago, Slateman said:

But they don't, unless you're in the program. And I believe he is no longer in the program.

Hmm, I thought they still could?

Another conspiracy theory out there is that Trent's not fully in shape and that he couldn't pass the conditioning test, which would look even worse since it would be run in part by the training staff.

• Like 1

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Because he can't cover.

Giving up on playing the major signing at his "natural" position just 7 days in? When they have a lot of pass rushers (words I cannot believe I just wrote)?

45 minutes ago, Woz said:

As the article discusses, it was a bunch of things over the last year and a half that could have been fixed at any time if either side could have said "what the hell is going on??" and probably cleared the air.

TW has been making top dollar.  Give me a break.  Work isn't always perfect.  He is a grown man but sounds like he wants to be coddled by his employer.  That ain't the real world.  

6 minutes ago, offbyone said:

TW has been making top dollar.  Give me a break.  Work isn't always perfect.  He is a grown man but sounds like he wants to be coddled by his employer.  That ain't the real world.  

I did say that either side could have fixed this problem. Blame is on both sides here.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woz said:

An even handed, both sides are to blame article ... didn't see that coming.

The worrying thing though is the conclusion: it's just a matter of when, not if, for the breakup to be finalized. Cannot say I disagree with that conclusion either.

I think the article is spot on. I think Trent’s side - really Trent himself, not hiding behind his agent - should have talked to Dan, Bruce, Doug, Jay etc earlier in the offseason about his issues. 

Since then though I put most of the blame on the Redskins front office. In their defense, I think they were blindsided by Trent’s decision when it came out, but since that's come out I don't think the Redskins have done enough to try to mend the relationship. 

It's why I've thought all along that they should just trade Trent if it's true that he won't play for the Redskins again. 

Still though, I think Redskins, in particular Dan and Bruce should have done more to try to fix this relationship than they the last few months. Instead they've just hoped everything would work out. This puts an even bigger black eye on an already horribly run Dan Snyder organization.

I honestly don't know why any free agents would ever want to play for the Redskins other than we are paying them more to come play for us than other teams will.

• Like 1