Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

13 hours ago, mar29020 said:

Lol and jay is gonna try to start this fragile dude, unbelievable. Just start dwayne and lets get this show on the road 

I understand the thought process here- start Haskins. But dont agree. Yeah, Im old school, but Haskins as stated 13 games after high school. He had a tremendous OL and wide receivers. He has none of that here. Its like a fine scotch- This is how you make a fine scotch

"You let the barley germinate until the starch of the grain has become malt sugar. The malt is then dried and coarsely ground. The sugar is extracted by adding hot water, and the resulting liquid is then left to ferment, producing a beer without the addition of hops. This beer is then distilled twice in copper pot stills. The spirit is then matured in oak casks for at least three years. High-class single malt whiskies are sometimes matured for decades."

https://www.whisky.com/information/knowledge/production/overview/how-single-malt-whisky-is-made.html

so you can start Haskins now when is is essentially a beer, or wait just a year when he has developed in a scotch. 

Seriously- the guy will get killed this year and starting him now is a desperation move. Let Case earn some money this year and then you can send in Haskins late in the season for mop up duty when we are so far behind it doesnt matter. 

On 8/9/2019 at 1:12 PM, MKnight82 said:

I don't agree with this statement.  A legit elite WR is worth more than an elite LT, and their contracts back that up.  The top paid LT in the league makes on average $16 mil per season:

https://overthecap.com/position/left-tackle/ 

There are 8 WRs in the NFL that make more money per year than that:

https://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/

It seems that NFL GMs value an elite WR more than an elite LT.  

in terms of transitioning to another team? LT is much easier to compete at the same level than a WR. how many star WRs went to new teams and completely flopped? its all on the team. you cant put deandre hopkins on the skins and expect him to put up the same numbers. wont happen. look at Moss when he went to the raiders. a LT is a far easier position to play great at when switching teams which is why I think its more valuable than WR. if we trade trent you better believe the comp we get will be more than what the steelers got for AB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

I understand the thought process here- start Haskins. But dont agree. Yeah, Im old school, but Haskins as stated 13 games after high school. He had a tremendous OL and wide receivers. He has none of that here. Its like a fine scotch- This is how you make a fine scotch

"You let the barley germinate until the starch of the grain has become malt sugar. The malt is then dried and coarsely ground. The sugar is extracted by adding hot water, and the resulting liquid is then left to ferment, producing a beer without the addition of hops. This beer is then distilled twice in copper pot stills. The spirit is then matured in oak casks for at least three years. High-class single malt whiskies are sometimes matured for decades."

https://www.whisky.com/information/knowledge/production/overview/how-single-malt-whisky-is-made.html

so you can start Haskins now when is is essentially a beer, or wait just a year when he has developed in a scotch. 

Seriously- the guy will get killed this year and starting him now is a desperation move. Let Case earn some money this year and then you can send in Haskins late in the season for mop up duty when we are so far behind it doesnt matter. 

I’d actually have to disagree on the premise that Ohio State's OL was not great last year and Haskins’ top target from Ohio State is now on the Redskins - Terry McLaurin - the Redskins running game is better than Ohio State's was last year - mainly bc OSU’s OL wasn't that good - and OSU’s TEs aren't as talented as the Redskins. I don't know of OSU currently has a TE on its roster who will play in the pros. 

The reason for not starting Haskins is if he's not ready to run Jay’s offense and a big part of Jay’s offense is the QB setting the protections so that there are no free runners at the QB and if there is one, it's where the QB can see them and anticipate that they need to make a quick throw. This is something that even Kirk Cousins struggled within 2014 and 2015 as a young QB in Jay’s offense.

I don't think the Redskins OL is as huge of an issue as people are making it out to be now that we've signed Donald Penn to be the LT.  

It's just hard for me to come to the conclusion that the Redskins offense doesn't have enough weapons for any QB to succeed - when they are healthy - which is always the big issue. 

Yeah, they don't have a superstar at WR but PRich, McLaurin, Quinn, and Doctson aren't exactly awful either. We have one of the most talented pair of receiving TEs in the NFL with Reed and Davis - their issue is more run blocking - and we have one of the best-receiving backs out of the backfield with Chris Thompson.

The redskins under Danny Boy and Bruce

2 years and no interest added to what I’m rightfully due and no timetable as to when the Skins will be forced to pay me what they owe. I’m willing to fight until the end. I thank the players who have experienced this with this team first hand that have called them on it!

50 replies47 retweets179 likes

Retweet

I will not be intimated nor will this go away anytime soon Skins. The evidence in court shows your guilty actions. The lies and mixed stories your witness provided have all been proven false . Use the CBA rules to your advantage all you want I will still win ! You will not! 💯

7 replies41 retweets119 likes

Retweet

During the time I was put on the exempt list the Skins went out of their way to cut my insurance off, froze my payments, refuse to pay me and even recoup pay. All for a very real injury that THEY decided was made up. Which is why people fear being hurt in the league.

14 replies88 retweets221 likes

Retweet

I will continue to fight this case and as the Skins continue to call countless irrelevant witnesses to buy time and hopefully wait me out from their due fate . I will not settle no matter how much the Skins drag their feet on this . They know they’re guilty!

7 replies36 retweets103 likes

Retweet

2 years later and I’m still fighting the Skins on something they’ve continued to do countless time . Which is why the best tackle in the game refuses to play for them now. Same reason I left. Mishandled injuries and withheld info. All evidence points to them being guilty!

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’d actually have to disagree on the premise that Ohio State's OL was not great last year and Haskins’ top target from Ohio State is now on the Redskins - Terry McLaurin - the Redskins running game is better than Ohio State's was last year - mainly bc OSU’s OL wasn't that good - and OSU’s TEs aren't as talented as the Redskins. I don't know of OSU currently has a TE on its roster who will play in the pros. 

The reason for not starting Haskins is if he's not ready to run Jay’s offense and a big part of Jay’s offense is the QB setting the protections so that there are no free runners at the QB and if there is one, it's where the QB can see them and anticipate that they need to make a quick throw. This is something that even Kirk Cousins struggled within 2014 and 2015 as a young QB in Jay’s offense.

I don't think the Redskins OL is as huge of an issue as people are making it out to be now that we've signed Donald Penn to be the LT.  

It's just hard for me to come to the conclusion that the Redskins offense doesn't have enough weapons for any QB to succeed - when they are healthy - which is always the big issue. 

Yeah, they don't have a superstar at WR but PRich, McLaurin, Quinn, and Doctson aren't exactly awful either. We have one of the most talented pair of receiving TEs in the NFL with Reed and Davis - their issue is more run blocking - and we have one of the best-receiving backs out of the backfield with Chris Thompson.

so we agree? I'll take that :)

the big difference is at Ohio State they were playing college teams, not pro teams. I just hate to see us take a valuable investment and screw it up and diminish its value by rushing and thinking short term. 

No right answer on Haskins.  Even if he sits a year, most rookies still need seasoning via live reps.  

I am confident about one thing.  Waiting for everything to be right around him (WRs, oline, coach, schedule, etc) is a mistake.  You can't control that stuff and the norm is that there are always gaps and things are never just right so that is no reason to wait.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

The redskins under Danny Boy and Bruce

2 years and no interest added to what I’m rightfully due and no timetable as to when the Skins will be forced to pay me what they owe. I’m willing to fight until the end. I thank the players who have experienced this with this team first hand that have called them on it!

50 replies47 retweets179 likes

Retweet

I will not be intimated nor will this go away anytime soon Skins. The evidence in court shows your guilty actions. The lies and mixed stories your witness provided have all been proven false . Use the CBA rules to your advantage all you want I will still win ! You will not! 💯

7 replies41 retweets119 likes

Retweet

During the time I was put on the exempt list the Skins went out of their way to cut my insurance off, froze my payments, refuse to pay me and even recoup pay. All for a very real injury that THEY decided was made up. Which is why people fear being hurt in the league.

14 replies88 retweets221 likes

Retweet

I will continue to fight this case and as the Skins continue to call countless irrelevant witnesses to buy time and hopefully wait me out from their due fate . I will not settle no matter how much the Skins drag their feet on this . They know they’re guilty!

7 replies36 retweets103 likes

Retweet

2 years later and I’m still fighting the Skins on something they’ve continued to do countless time . Which is why the best tackle in the game refuses to play for them now. Same reason I left. Mishandled injuries and withheld info. All evidence points to them being guilty!

Thai, So it's STILL just about money with Trent? Like I said we don't no all the facts, but with these statements we are getting some clarity on how things are handle at Redskins Park! The Skins need to clean this up point blank and simple! Or your still the Boss who says I can't change my Medical Staff? 

Edited by Skins212689

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

so we agree? I'll take that :)

the big difference is at Ohio State they were playing college teams, not pro teams. I just hate to see us take a valuable investment and screw it up and diminish its value by rushing and thinking short term. 

Yeah, I agree with that. I actually think that Haskins is closer to being ready than many feel. It's clear he has the arm talent to be a great pro Qb and he has more escape ability than scouts and others gave him credit for as a prospect.

I will also say that I don't agree that players learn much by sitting and watching. If the left side of our OL looks at least serviceable with Penn/Flowers or Penn/Martin the first few games of the year then I wouldn't be worried at all with Haskins becoming the starter if we start off 0-4 or 0-5 let's say.

At some point this year I want Haskins to start if the team doesn't have a winning record this season, which I think his highly likely after the first month of the year. Not starting him when we already have a losing record is a waste of his development time as a pro QB IMO.

Basically, I think we are stunting what Haskins can develop into next year if we don't play him this year.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I agree with that. I actually think that Haskins is closer to being ready than many feel. It's clear he has the arm talent to be a great pro Qb and he has more escape ability than scouts and others gave him credit for as a prospect.

I will also say that I don't agree that players learn much by sitting and watching. If the left side of our OL looks at least serviceable with Penn/Flowers or Penn/Martin the first few games of the year then I wouldn't be worried at all with Haskins becoming the starter if we start off 0-4 or 0-5 let's say.

At some point this year I want Haskins to start if the team doesn't have a winning record this season, which I think his highly likely after the first month of the year. Not starting him when we already have a losing record is a waste of his development time as a pro QB IMO.

Basically, I think we are stunting what Haskins can develop into next year if we don't play him this year.

Is that really Doc Walker the former player? Also why is sitting gonna stunt Haskins yet it didn't Mahomes? 

Edited by Skins212689

22 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Thai, So it's STILL just about money with Trent? Like I said we don't no all the facts, but with these statements we are getting some clarity on how things are handle at Redskins Park! The Skins need to clean this up point blank and simple! Or your still the Boss who says I can't change my Medical Staff? 

I don't know enough about the CBA or the exempt list to know if the Redskins were right in doing what Sua says they did to him, or not. Also, let's not forget that Sua also left the team and said he was going to retire two years ago. There's a lot of moving parts in regards to the Sua saga of his two years in DC.

Edited by turtle28

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don't know enough about the CBA or the exempt list to know if the Redskins were right in doing what Sua says he did to them, or not. Also, let's not forget that Sua also left the team and said he was going to retire two years ago. There's a lot of moving parts in regards to the Sua saga of his two years in DC.

I don't care about him being cut or him saying he was going to retire. Why are players constantly talking bad about the Medical Staff? Why did they misdiagnosed him? Why are they withholding players medical information from them? Why is this guy still fighting them 2 years later? Maybe he retired because of the bad treatment he was receiving here! Guess no one really cares about the Players in this situation accept me! Thai please respond to my comment as well. 

Edited by Skins212689

48 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Is that really Doc Walker the former player? Also why is sitting gonna stunt Haskins yet it didn't Mahomes? 

It would stunt his development bc players learn more while playing, making mistakes on the field and then correcting their mistakes than they do by sitting and not having live reps. It’s actually been proven and I posted the guy’s interview who did the analysis on it somewhere in this forum that if a QB is ready to start as a rookie, they should play and if they aren't ready to start as a rookie then they almost never will be ready to be an NFL caliber starter. Basically, you can tell right away if a guy has it or doesn't. 

Most think if Mahomes had started as a rookie he would look a lot like he did in his second year. The reason the Chiefs didn't start Mahomes is because Alex was having a career year. 

If Case or Colt come out and play better than they ever have in their carers, I wouldn't start Haskins over them but I don't see that happening.

And not every QB is Mahomes, I really wish everyone would stop using him as a comp for every rookie or young QB. It's like using every late-round pick as a comp to Brady, those guys are aberrations.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It would stunt his development bc players learn more while playing, making mistakes on the field and then correcting their mistakes than they do by sitting and not having live reps. It’s actually been proven and I posted the guy’s interview who did the analysis on it somewhere in this forum that if a QB is ready to start as a rookie, they should play and if they aren't ready to start as a rookie then they almost never will be ready to be an NFL caliber starter. Basically, you can tell right away if a guy has it or doesn't. 

Most think if Mahomes had started as a rookie he would look a lot like he did in his second year. The reason the Chiefs didn't start Mahomes is because Alex was having a career year. 

If Case or Colt come out and play better than they ever have in their carers, I wouldn't start Haskins over them but I don't see that happening.

And not every QB is Mahomes, I really wish everyone would stop using him as a comp for every rookie or young QB. It's like using every late-round pick as a comp to Brady, those guys are aberrations.

Just say Mahomes is better than Haskins. He got no playing time and still started the next year and was MVP. I only read the 1st sentence because people pointing to playing time makes ALL better is BS to me. Mahomes proved it.

I will agree if by week 10 they aren't in playoff contention and still have a healthy group to protect Haskins he should play but I'm not starting him immediately.