Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

How is a guy who’s good to great run defender and who for two years has gotten 9 and 9.5 sacks and been a key cog on one of the league’s best defenses - even when Watt was hurt - not lived up to being the #1 pick?

Do you not remember the hype that came with him? I sure do. It was bigger than anything Garrett brought that's for sure. He has NOT lived up to that at all.

29 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Do you not remember the hype that came with him? I sure do. It was bigger than anything Garrett brought that's for sure. He has NOT lived up to that at all.

That’s just hype though. He was hyped up over some splash plays. When you watch him though, he’s consistently good to great. 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

That’s just hype though. He was hyped up over some splash plays. When you watch him though, he’s consistently good to great. 

Isn't hype a big part of it? He was hyped to be an ELITE guy. He's not that. 

35 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I’d say even more underrated than Clowney was Houston’s last number 1 overall. Mario Williams was knocked early because he wasn’t Reggie Bush, was always in the 10-12 sack range and made a bunch of pro bowls while Bush, well, didn’t. 

25 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Hopefully, it means he's being traded. 

I would like like to see Harmon, Sims & Davis make the active roster.

Time to get something for Doctson now, before he leaves via FA and we net a 7th Rd compensatory pick...maybe.

Cause nobody offering him a good deal.

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Isn't hype a big part of it? He was hyped to be an ELITE guy. He's not that. 

Exactly.  Good to great, is not elite, and he is expected to get an elite contract.  He hasn't even had a double digit sack season.  

This would be a total classic Snyder move.  Get the big name who has never lived up to expectations, over pay him, hype things up and then watch him under deliver.  

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Exactly.  Good to great, is not elite, and he is expected to get an elite contract.  He hasn't even had a double digit sack season.  

This would be a total classic Snyder move.  Get the big name who has never lived up to expectations, over pay him, hype things up and then watch him under deliver.  

That .5 sack is such a big deal!... If you’re rounding up bc he shared a sack then, he did get 10 sacks.

IMO, a half a sack is a sack too.

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That .5 sack is such a big deal!... If you’re rounding up bc he shared a sack then, he did get 10 sacks.

IMO, a half a sack is a sack too.

giphy.gif 

That's not making your argument.

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

giphy.gif 

That's not making your argument.

Yes it is, offbyone said Clowney has never had a double digits sack season. He got 9.5 sacks one year, that meant he sacked the QB 10 times, he just shared one of his sacks with another defender. 9.5 sacks is basically the same as 10 bc the defender got there 10 times to sack the QB. Same with ioannidis, 7.5 is essentially 8 sacks, he got to the QB 8 times and helped sack him.

14 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

I’d say even more underrated than Clowney was Houston’s last number 1 overall. Mario Williams was knocked early because he wasn’t Reggie Bush, was always in the 10-12 sack range and made a bunch of pro bowls while Bush, well, didn’t. 

Mario Williams is one of my favorite players.  I was always on that side of the argument against the Reggie Bush fans, and on the forums I used to be on, those were some heated debates and quality posts.  

Williams got the shaft in Buffalo when Rex Ryan came on board though.  Changed the defense despite having a top 4-3 unit, and everyone played terribly because they weren't a fit.  I hate it when coaches change the system just for themselves.  It's the height of arrogance, that they can't hire someone to come in and run a system that is different from theirs, despite having the players to run it very well.  

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yes it is, offbyone said Clowney has never had a double digits sack season. He got 9.5 sacks one year, that meant he sacked the QB 10 times, he just shared one of his sacks with another defender. 9.5 sacks is basically the same as 10 bc the defender got there 10 times to sack the QB. Same with ioannidis, 7.5 is essentially 8 sacks, he got to the QB 8 times and helped sack him.

I meant about Clowney overall. I don't care about your fudge rounding. 

Archived