Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

Albert Huggins was cut by the Texans. I would pick him up and put him on the PS. I would love for him to work with Tomasula. He really hasn’t played much sitting behind that Clemson d-line. I know it’s not a priority but I think he could be a good addition. 

14 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And there goes Doctson. Our receiving corp is:

Richardson

McLaurin

Quinn

Davis 

Harmon

Sims Jr

This is pretty pathetic.

I don't know Redskins twitter seems to be sold that these young kids are the real deal bc they looked good in the second half of preseason games. Lol 😆 

20 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And there goes Doctson. Our receiving corp is:

Richardson

McLaurin

Quinn

Davis 

Harmon

Sims Jr

This is pretty pathetic.

Not a shot at you, but I want all those who are calling for a rookie QB to start to look at who he would be throwing the ball too! 

21 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Not a shot at you, but I want all those who are calling for a rookie QB to start to look at who he would be throwing the ball too! 

No matter who our QB is, like 60% of the targets are going to REed, Vernon Davis, and CT.

https://riggosrag.com/2019/08/31/redskins-tentative-final-53-man-roster-place-subject-change/

Offense (26)

Quarterback: Case Keenum, Dwayne Haskins, Colt McCoy

Running Back: Derrius Guice, Adrian Peterson, Chris Thompson, Byron Marshall, Shaun Wilson (IR)

Wide Receiver: Terry McLaurinPaul RichardsonTrey Quinn, Robert Davis, Kelvin Harmon, Steven Sims Jr.

Tight End: Jordan Reed, Vernon Davis, Jeremy Sprinkle

Offensive Line: Donald PennEreck FlowersChase RoullierBrandon ScherffMorgan Moses, Tony Bergstrom, Wes Martin, Ross Pierschbacher, Geron Christian

Defense (24)

Defensive Line: Jonathan AllenDaron PayneMatt Ioannidis, Tim Settle, Caleb Brantley

Edge Rusher: Ryan KerriganMontez Sweat, Ryan Anderson, Cassanova McKinzy, Jordan Brailford (IR)

Inside Linebacker: Shaun Dion Hamilton, Josh Harvey-Clemons, Jon Bostic, Cole Holcomb

Cornerback: Josh NormanQuinton DunbarFabian Moreau, Jimmy Moreland, Greg Stroman, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

Safety: Landon CollinsMontae Nicholson, Deshazor Everett, Troy Apke

For now, this roster seems to be largely set in stone. The players marked with “IR” next to their names will likely be designated to go to injured reserve for at least the first eight weeks of the season, therefore freeing up two more spots for the Redskins to use on other players in the short run.

Pretty much what I expected except, I am really disappointed about Cam Sims.  I thought his body of work exceeded Davis and Steven Sims.

Surprised they couldn't keep with him with no doctson also, what really disappoints me is that they dropped him and kept all these rbs.  With guys like McCoy available, and likely Marshall would stay available, why do we waste a roster spot on Marshall and Wilson.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

I’m sorry but Sims Jr did not deserve a roster spot over Josh Doctson.

He literally did nothing until the last preseason game. So they chose him over Docston and another guy in Cam Sims who apparently killed it all off-season. I still do not understand cutting Cam Sims because he has a few drops in the last preseason game? I also don't understand keeping Trey Quinn but whatever

Archived