Sell Me on This Guy Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

Who are the guys you aren't nearly as high on as others based on their ADP?

Here are some of mine for a Non-PPR League: 

Joe Mixon(ADP 14) His ypc jumped up almost too much to expect a repeat(3.5 to 4.8) and his OL is still bottom 5 in the NFL

Dalvin Cook(ADP 21) Yes the Vikings want to be a run-1st team but if Cook can't stay healthy then it's like trying to run a hurry-up offense but your players are more fatigued than the defense. I just dont think he can hold up. He had 6 games under 4 ypc, 4 of which were under 3 ypc and 5 games that were over 4 ypc. 1 of the "good" games he was 10 for 89, but busted off a 70 yard run so it was a mediocre day before that. His ability to catch passes is the only thing that makes me think he has a chance of being Top-10

Leonard Fournette (ADP 23) Much like Cook, Fournette is just too injury-prone but even worse he plays for a team that doesn't have nearly the other offensive talent to keep boxes from being stacked. 3 very good games, 1 good game and 4 bad games...and then there's 8 games he didn't actually play. Yes he might have something to prove after a terrible year, but injuries are rarely an effort issue

Kerryon Johnson (ADP 28) Do you see a pattern here? Kerryon is very talented but had injury issues his last year in college and then they got the best of him his rookie season. Detroit clearly wants to run the ball and there isn't a decent backup behind him to steal carries but will he be able to hold up? Seems like a high risk for a 3rd round pick. 

Mixon was a RB1 while only playing in 14 games last year...line was bad last year but now should be getting OC Price back for the whole year. New offensive system should be same as the one that made Gurley go from bust under Fischer to stud under McVay.

17 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Who are the guys you aren't nearly as high on as others based on their ADP?

Here are some of mine for a Non-PPR League: 

Dalvin Cook(ADP 21) Yes the Vikings want to be a run-1st team but if Cook can't stay healthy then it's like trying to run a hurry-up offense but your players are more fatigued than the defense. I just dont think he can hold up. He had 6 games under 4 ypc, 4 of which were under 3 ypc and 5 games that were over 4 ypc. 1 of the "good" games he was 10 for 89, but busted off a 70 yard run so it was a mediocre day before that. His ability to catch passes is the only thing that makes me think he has a chance of being Top-10

first, dalvin does have a lot of talent and is a threat to break off 20+ yard runs pretty much every time he touches the ball. the vikings want to be fairly run-heavy but cook is also a solid/good receiver which means he should be fairly stable from a workload/game script POV.

the most tangible thing to a lot of people high on cook is the hiring of gary kubiak, who has historically coached productive rushing attacks with less-than-stellar talents at running back. that combined with the vikings upgrading their offensive line (first round center garrett bradbury and RG josh kline) and it looks like the stars have aligned for cook.

his health is bringing down his ADP and rightfully so. i like his chances of being healthier this season though, as he finished last season healthy and has had all off-season to further strengthen the muscles around his knee instead of just rehabbing. a real bonus here is that cook has a clear handcuff in alexander mattison. he is a talented (though not explosive) rookie that they drafted in the third round. if cook goes down mattison probably wouldn't be much less productive and will likely be their goal line back regardless so he could have low-end stand alone value. with his ADP you can grab him pretty much for free and i've actually drafted him even on teams where i didn't draft cook.

that all said, i wouldn't blame anyone for being risk-adverse early in drafts, especially in 14+ team leagues. 

20 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Sell me on Devonta Freeman.

I really cant for the same reason i knock the other backs. His health is a concern but he plays in a high powered offense, gets loads of goal line work and catches passes. The upside is there with Cook and Fournette but the cost is less. So that’s something 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I really cant for the same reason i knock the other backs. His health is a concern but he plays in a high powered offense, gets loads of goal line work and catches passes. The upside is there with Cook and Fournette but the cost is less. So that’s something 

Yeah, I like Cook, Fournette, Freeman, Kerryon but I would LOVE them if I got them as my RB2.  For health reasons, I MAY prefer Ingram over those guys?

2 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Sell me on Devonta Freeman.

Ito has reportedly look like dog poo and no other RBs on roster are of note. Upgraded OL through draft and should see a solid amount of 3 down work. Lacks top 5 rb upside but should be a solid rb2.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Ito has reportedly look like dog poo and no other RBs on roster are of note. Upgraded OL through draft and should see a solid amount of 3 down work. Lacks top 5 rb upside but should be a solid rb2.

The biggest threat to Freeman being in the Top-8 at RB is Devonta Freeman. If he is healthy for 14-15 games, I think he is there

• Like 1

6 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I don't understand how Derrick Henry is going so high. I wouldn't even waste a 5th or 6th round pick on him, give me Dion 6+ rounds later.  

Dont want Lewis either but Henry worries me. He was awful for 75% of the season, murdered the Jaguars and all of a sudden was getting 6 ypc the last 4 games?

• Like 1