Green Bay @ Ravens "Still Gotta Shot Bowl"

Leader

5 minutes ago, ccecilnosebleed said:

Ha. Yep, I’m sure I evaluate talent as much as you do. I’ll reserve the right to be realistic about being a football and Packer fan, and say that while I don’t doubt Kizer in some world, on some team could be an answer, it’s pretty obvious if he’s any kind of answer for this team - were screwed. 

Name me a high draft pick QB who was this mediocre in his first 3 seasons and suddenly turned into an answer for any team? The trajectory he is on is bad for any player and you know it. Is it recoverable by chance? Sure. About as likely as the Packers winning the Super Bowl this year.

He doesn't even look like a QB. Boyle may suck too, but at least he looks like a QB

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I was going to say a recipe for a weak weld, but same thing.

No.

You would have said, two say; not to say- LOL!

I'm sorry, have I taken it "to" {sic} far?- LOL!

OK, I'm done.

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If somebody gave you 14-1 odds on Deshon Kizer turning into a franchise QB, would you take it? Would anybody?

See here's where we differ.

I'm not looking for a franchise QB. We've got one of them already. What I'm looking for is a decent backup and Kizer's not proven to me he cant be that guy. I see him as a work in progress. You think you've got his game down already. Fine. It's not gonna make either of us better to be right personally - but if I'm right its a positive for the team - which is also good for you - and thats all I'm hoping for.

He needs his game broken down. The bad habits coached out and a package of plays he can handle and build on. He's 23...gonna be 24 in January. Its not too late. Not even close.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I'm not looking for a franchise QB. We've got one of them already. What I'm looking for is a decent backup and Kizer's not proven to me he cant be that guy. I see him as a work in progress. You think you've got his game down already. Fine. It's not gonna make either of us better to be right personally - but if I'm right its a positive for the team - which is also good for you - and thats all I'm hoping for.

He needs his game broken down. The bad habits coached out and a package of plays he can handle and build on. He's 23...gonna be 24 in January. Its not too late. Not even close.

You seem to be under the impression that there's some innate level of talent there that can be polished. 

What has he shown to make you think that? Even more so, why do you think you can break the horrific habits that he has?

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Are you a Bucks fan ? You can teach a guy like Thon Maker to play basketball, but that doesn't make him a basketball player. Multiply that by a million and you have the QB position

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

You seem to be under the impression that there's some innate level of talent there that can be polished. 

What has he shown to make you think that? Even more so, why do you think you can break the horrific habits that he has?

I said it before and should have stood by my comment. The dissertation is over. I'm not entering an extended academic exercise constructed of hypotheticals. My time is more valuable than that. I made my points already and yours have been noted and appreciated.

Its up to Kizer and the coaches to make it happen - or not. Nothing I (or you) can say will have any bearing whatsoever. I'm hoping for the best. I want him to succeed and dont think its "case closed" yet. Nuf sed.

• Like 2