Green Bay @ Ravens "Still Gotta Shot Bowl"

Leader

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

See here's where we differ.

I'm not looking for a franchise QB. We've got one of them already. What I'm looking for is a decent backup and Kizer's not proven to me he cant be that guy. I see him as a work in progress. You think you've got his game down already. Fine. It's not gonna make either of us better to be right personally - but if I'm right its a positive for the team - which is also good for you - and thats all I'm hoping for.

He needs his game broken down. The bad habits coached out and a package of plays he can handle and build on. He's 23...gonna be 24 in January. Its not too late. Not even close.

At this point, I'm not willing to put in the time to do this. Won't be worth a thing until at least 26 from what I'm seeing. I can find somebody else faster than I can sink time into him.

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You seem to be under the impression that there's some innate level of talent there that can be polished. 

What has he shown to make you think that? Even more so, why do you think you can break the horrific habits that he has?

He was a freaking 2nd rounder, I know you've crapped on him since the day he walked in the door, but the very notion of being a high 2nd round pick is proof of innate talent.

I graded him as a late 1 that year, would've absolutely taken him if I was grooming a QB like if Brady or Rivers was my QB.

He's mobile, he's a prototype in size and frame, he's smart, competitive, the arm is plus, the accuracy from a clean pocket was plus. His knocks were decision making and breakdown of mechanics under pressure. He hasn't developed in that regard much at all. He's also had probably the two worst QB staff in a given year in the NFL in 2017 and 2018.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Are you a Bucks fan ? You can teach a guy like Thon Maker to play basketball, but that doesn't make him a basketball player. Multiply that by a million and you have the QB position

Thon Maker has zero coordination. That missing ability dooms his chances of becoming a competent NBA player... So, that's a lousy comp for Kizer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

I think they removed the 1st cut down so teams would not have to play some starters or back ups in the last preseason game.  

I would be more than happy to remove a preseason game.  Give teams a home and road game, and then have a 3rd game where it is a neutral site venue.  Move the game around to some areas that do not get NFL football.  The 4 games, 3 of them are just brutal to watch.  

You know you don't have to watch them, right? They're not even really for us fans.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He was a freaking 2nd rounder, I know you've crapped on him since the day he walked in the door, but the very notion of being a high 2nd round pick is proof of innate talent.

I graded him as a late 1 that year, would've absolutely taken him if I was grooming a QB like if Brady or Rivers was my QB.

He's mobile, he's a prototype in size and frame, he's smart, competitive, the arm is plus, the accuracy from a clean pocket was plus. His knocks were decision making and breakdown of mechanics under pressure. He hasn't developed in that regard much at all. He's also had probably the two worst QB staff in a given year in the NFL in 2017 and 2018.

Is he smart? He doesn't play like it.

Is he accurate from a clean pocket? He hasn't been in the pros.

Calling the Packers staff in 2018 the worst staff for QB development is insane. Mike Vrabel, Sean McDermott, Vance Joseph, Mike Tomlin, Steve Wilks, Jon Gruden, Dirk Koetter, Marvin Lewis, and Mike Zimmer all were running NFL squads last year.  

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

I said it before and should have stood by my comment. The dissertation is over. I'm not entering an extended academic exercise constructed of hypotheticals. My time is more valuable than that. I made my points already and yours have been noted and appreciated.

Its up to Kizer and the coaches to make it happen - or not. Nothing I (or you) can say will have any bearing whatsoever. I'm hoping for the best. I want him to succeed and dont think its "case closed" yet. Nuf sed.

Ok, but are you factoring time into your equation? If that’s the value you’re putting on him, why not anyone else that could be better now? Because when you are evaluating backup talent, potential is great, but when you’re obviously not future meaningful starter, right now potential is way more important. Kizer isn’t either of those. Come to terms with it. The odds are crazy against him.

Edited by ccecilnosebleed

31 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

probably tbh

He was awesome in the Wizard of Oz

After seeing him walk the red carpet among normal sized people I was like "this can't be happening." He was labeled as a generational talent IIRC LOL

Image result for murray red carpet qb

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Must be weird but I thought Kizer played better than Boyle tonight. Handled pressure in the pocket much better and no turnovers against better defenders.

I admit I'm a Brit so not as clued up as you guys who grew up with the game and I come here to broaden my education in the sport I've followed and loved for the last 25 years. Question is on the lines of the above, what was wrong with Kizer's play last night?

I read the comments here before watching the game and the manner of the conversation made me think Kizer had a real stinker. I personally with my untrained eye saw progress in him today, stood in the pocket, wasn't skittish, got the ball out quick and moved the offence. You can see he is trying to slow things down in his head and not play with abandonment which is his natural instinct.

Anyway, I would like to know more here why the knock on him after last night?

• Like 1