Dak or Wentz

Kiwibrown

Pick one   

112 members have voted

1. 1. D v W

Dak for me. Big sturdy guy, intangibles are OFFFF the page.  Outside of maybe Baker, Daks intangibles for qbs under 30 is 2nd to none. I think he has been in a conservative offense. Once he got a real WR we saw how much better he played. 

Dak will prove real soon that he is special. I think Wentz looks amazing with the tangibles and onfield play when healthy. He reminds me of a more decisive current form Rodgers. If Wentz can stay healthy its a toss up.

But Dak is criminally underrated on here. 

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

Dak for me. Big sturdy guy, intangibles are OFFFF the page.  Outside of maybe Baker, Daks intangibles for qbs under 30 is 2nd to none. I think he has been in a conservative offense. Once he got a real WR we saw how much better he played. 

Dak will prove real soon that he is special. I think Wentz looks amazing with the tangibles and onfield play when healthy. He reminds me of a more decisive current form Rodgers. If Wentz can stay healthy its a toss up.

But Dak is criminally underrated on here. 

Dak's intangibles off the charts? The same dude who folds like a chair? The dude who routinely would pad his stats by dinking and dunking even when down in the 4th quarter and needing to make a play? Couldn't disagree more. 

If Wentz can stay healthy, there's literally no discussion to be had.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Dak's intangibles off the charts? The same dude who folds like a chair? The dude who routinely would pad his stats by dinking and dunking even when down in the 4th quarter and needing to make a play? Couldn't disagree more. 

If Wentz can stay healthy, there's literally no discussion to be had.

Daks 14 game winning drives is the most since he has been in the league of any qb.  You can tell his leadership and demand of that offense and team is that of the vets like Brady, Rivers, Brees, etc. Sorry, cant get onboard with this.

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Daks 14 game winning drives is the most since he has been in the league of any qb.  You can tell his leadership and demand of that offense and team is that of the vets like Brady, Rivers, Brees, etc. Sorry, cant get onboard with this.

Hahahahaha the 14 game winning drives are a myth fabricated by Cowboys fans without any context. Let me see if I can dig up the article debunking this stat.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/6/20/18693543/dakota-prescott-king-of-the-4th-quarter-comebacks

Blogging The Boys user (and Bleeding Green Nation lurker) JustB gave me the parameters at which he defined the Clutch-gene. He defines a clutch situation as Tied or Trailing by no more than 8 points in the 4th quarter or Overtime. And, though it's hard to argue clutch with, say, 10 minutes to go, I'll take those (*cough* cherry-picked *cough*) parameters and dive right in!

The average point differential in those 323 plays? Only -2.49 points!

When a field goal will win the game (177 plays, 54.8% Tied or down by 2 or less) (Not much pressure, really)

Feel free to continue reading. It goes more in depth.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Danger said:

Did you really link me to an Eagles writer who tried to redefine the parameters of GWD's? Come on guy, that's so lazy. I have no horse in this. Measured by the most official parameters of GWD's, Dak has more than any QB in the league since being in the league. His intangibles are off the charts. He has the physical tools to. He is just missing it all clicking together at once so far. But now, with Cooper for a full year. I expect Dak to put up a monster season.

If Wentz is healthy i expect him to ball to.

4 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Did you really link me to an Eagles writer who tried to redefine the parameters of GWD's? 

No, the article is a response to another where a writer used parameters of his choosing to describe the “clutch gene”. He re-wrote those parameters because they were cherry picked. It wasn’t an attempt to re-define a GWD. 

Don't care about this topic, but no, that wasn’t a link to an article that attempted to re-define a GWD.

55 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

No, the article is a response to another where a writer used parameters of his choosing to describe the “clutch gene”. He re-wrote those parameters because they were cherry picked. It wasn’t an attempt to re-define a GWD. 

Don't care about this topic, but no, that wasn’t a link to an article that attempted to re-define a GWD.

Either way it was a complete cherry picked attempt at trying to define "clutch".

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

The article I linked simply shows how unimpressive Dak's "HERMAHGERD GAME WINNING DRIVES" are. Because a majority of the time they're when he's down by 3 points or fewer, having quite a bit of time on the clock, and his numbers when he's ACTUALLY got to make plays, are actually pretty terrible.

35 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Either way it was a complete cherry picked attempt at trying to define "clutch".

The clutch factor thing was brought up in a separate article. The article posted ITT was a response to it. 

So no, the article wasn’t trying to define “clutch”. It was responding to another article and contextualizing Dak’s GWDs - but was in no way trying to re-define what those GWDs are. Simply adding information instead of just looking at the stat as a standalone.

Wentz. It's funny to look back on the rookie seasons for that class. People were hyping the daylights out of Dak and calling Goff a bust. Now, Goff and Wentz are in a completely different class and poised to be the future. Whereas, we're all questioning whether Dak is really worth extending. Dak is basically Andy Dalton tier. Goff and Wentz are arguably in the tier below the elite QBs.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Danger said:

The article I linked simply shows how unimpressive Dak's "HERMAHGERD GAME WINNING DRIVES" are. Because a majority of the time they're when he's down by 3 points or fewer, having quite a bit of time on the clock, and his numbers when he's ACTUALLY got to make plays, are actually pretty terrible.

Unimpressive according to cherry picked stats or situational stats used to tell a false story about perceived value over relativr value.