Redskins vs Bengals Gameday Thread - Preseason Week 2 (8/15/19)

MKnight82

Just now, turtle28 said:

If Keenum threw it to him and not out of bounds, he may have had a TD tonight.

Josh can play the position I think it’s been obvious at times!!! But Haskins is the only QB we’ve had that isn’t affraid to throw it up so if Haskins plays I believe JD can have success but that’s about wishful thinking at this point. Because if Haskins plays it’s going to be a rollercoaster season but IMO he should start. 

3 minutes ago, Troublez said:

I agree - SM said he was drafted to play slot in his mind. Claims we are not using him appropriately.

Doctson drafted to play the slot? McCloughan said that? I don’t believe it. Doctson in the slot would be a disaster, he’s not a quick twitch guy, has inconsistent hands and struggles in traffic across the middle.

I remember Scot saying that Doctson needed to be used on different routes than Jay is using him on.

Just now, mar29020 said:

i just know he has amazing athletic ability with the jump ball. he's cheap so lets have another year to look at him since his rookier year he was hurt

I’d just cut him if it were up to me. But I’m sort of done with him so there’s that. 

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Josh can play the position I think it’s been obvious at times!!! But Haskins is the only QB we’ve had that isn’t affraid to throw it up so if Haskins plays I believe JD can have success but that’s about wishful thinking at this point. Because if Haskins plays it’s going to be a rollercoaster season but IMO he should start. 

Might want to rewatch the Cousins to Doctson plays from 2017

Just now, turtle28 said:

Doctson drafted to play the slot? McCloughan said that? I don’t believe it. Doctson in the slot would be a disaster, he’s not a quick twitch guy, has inconsistent hands and struggles in traffic across the middle.

I remember Scot saying that Doctson needed to be used on different routes than Jay is using him on.

he doesnt have a lot of burst out of cuts. he is more of a poor mans Dez bryant

2 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Apke is a terrible.... waste of a 4th round pick.

He’s undrafted free agent type player that they felt like had the measurables to be developed. The issue is he’s not good at football which kinda creates an issue. 

2 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

he doesnt have a lot of burst out of cuts. he is more of a poor mans Dez bryant

Yeah, he’s just not a well rounded WR he doesn’t run precise routes which is a problem in Jay’s offense bc it’s based on timing and he wants his WRs to be precise route runners. McCloughan should’ve listened to Jay back in 2016 and taken a different WR.

Edited by turtle28