Redskins vs Bengals Gameday Thread - Preseason Week 2 (8/15/19)

MKnight82

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

How do you replace Josh Doctson and Ryan Anderson? Neither have stood out in these 1st two games, but where high picks with potential. Whose on the roster that is out doing them? 

For Doctson - Robert Davis and Cam Sims
Anderson is probably safe (due to Brailford being banged up).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

For Doctson - Robert Davis and Cam Sims
Anderson is probably safe (due to Brailford being banged up).

What has Cam Sims done? He looked good last preseason but has done nothing so far this preseason and he's played about 3 quarters in each game.

Doc Walker said Doctson had a good training camp. The starters aren't playing a lot so far, so it's hard to evaluate Doctson. Next week is big for him.

Davis I can see keeping him but I think cutting Doctson is stupid bc we’d be losing a possible compensatory pick. Trade Doctson, ok, I could live w/ that even though I still don't agree with it but at least we'd get a pick back for him.

Edited by turtle28
U
  • Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

What has Cam Sims done? He looked good last preseason but has done nothing so far this preseason and he's played about 3 quarters in each game.

Davis I can see but I think cutting Doctson is stupid bc we’d be losing a possible compensatory pick. Trade Doctson, ok, I could live w/ that even though I still don't agree with it but at least we'd get a pick back for him.

What compensation pick? He sucks. Nobody is going to pay him. He’ll be picked up and try to make a team. He’s slow, drops a lot of passes and runs sloppy routes. He’s simply never developed. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

What compensation pick? He sucks. Nobody is going to pay him. He’ll be picked up and try to make a team. He’s slow, drops a lot of passes and runs sloppy routes. He’s simply never developed. 

He's made several splash plays in his career. He could make more if Case or Haskins gives him those chances, if that happens then he’d get a decent offer.

Hell, we got a comp pick for Niles Paul and would have for Ryan Grant if the had passed his physical! If we play Doctson and throw to him, he’ll do enough to earn us a comp pick.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Doctson would just have to sign with another team for them to get a 3rd round compensation pick for him? 

Nah. Compensation picks are determined by the new contract signed. He’d have to sign an outrageous contract to garner a 3rd. 

• Like 1