Case Keenum on track to be opening day starter for 4th year in a row..

FrantikRam

https://thebiglead.com/2019/08/18/case-keenum-colt-mccoy-washington-redskins/

For FOUR different teams.

2016 - opening day starter for the Rams

2017 - Vikings

2018 - Broncos

2019 - Redskins

Three points that I find fascinating about this:

First - has any other QB ever been the opening day starter for that many teams? Emphasis on opening day, whether by injury or not, because at least in Keenum's case (no pun intended), thus far he ended up starting at least half the season for the first three. It's not like he was just spot starting to open the season for a game or two.

Second - has it ever happened for four consecutive years? Doubt it.

Third:

LA - Pacific time zone

Minnesota - Central

Denver - Mountain

DC - Eastern

Not only is Keenum starting for a 4th consecutive year for 4 different teams, he's done it for teams that play in 4 different time zones.

LEGEND

• Like 1

Only other QB off the top of my head would be Fitz.

He was opening day starter for BUF and NYJ.  Pretty sure he was for HOU his only season there but I could be wrong.  Was he opening day for TB or was that after a Winston meltdown?

Has a shot in MIA this year too. 

8 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Only other QB off the top of my head would be Fitz.

He was opening day starter for BUF and NYJ.  Pretty sure he was for HOU his only season there but I could be wrong.  Was he opening day for TB or was that after a Winston meltdown?

Has a shot in MIA this year too. 

Rosen got the start against the Bucs but who knows who will actually be the starter. Not that it matters, we'll be garbage either way

2 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

To be fair,Keenum was not the opening starter for the Vikings in 2017,Sam Bradford was in week 1 against the Saints.Of course he was their starter after the Sam Bradford's injury.

St. Louis, Philadelphia, Minnesota and Arizona - so Bradford is somebody who has opened as a starter for four different teams.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

Third:

LA - Pacific time zone

Minnesota - Central

Denver - Mountain

DC - Eastern

Not only is Keenum starting for a 4th consecutive year for 4 different teams, he's done it for teams that play in 4 different time zones.

ok, what would really top it off is that next year he's on another team, and he's the opening game starter... in London.

• Like 1