Patriots S Patrick Chung indicted for cocaine possession

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

Except for finger prints which are going to be on the bag I presume it was in. Which is why I am assuming he was charged in the first place. 

I don't know if you can assume that. 

I don't think they generally run fingerprints on that kind stuff, they probably just arrest whoever is most likely to be it's owner and hope for the best in court.

I'm just guessing, I could be wrong, maybe they did fingerprint it. But that seems like a lot of effort and cost for the police department for what appears to be a run of the mill possession without intent to distribute.

He'll get a fine, maybe probation... that's probably not fingerprint worthy.

His suspension though. He could get a 4-banger.

IDK if that even hurts the pats though. Is he even ready to play Week 1?

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

I don't know if you can assume that. 

I don't think they generally run fingerprints on that kind stuff, they probably just arrest whoever is most likely to be it's owner and hope for the best in court.

I'm just guessing, I could be wrong, maybe they did fingerprint it. But that seems like a lot of effort and cost for the police department for what appears to be a run of the mill possession without intent to distribute.

He'll get a fine, maybe probation... that's probably not fingerprint worthy.

His suspension though. He could get a 4-banger.

IDK if that even hurts the pats though. Is he even ready to play Week 1?

Reeks of a DA or Prosecutor looking to make a name for himself throwing the book at a "Star Athlete"

Keep in mind an indictment means nothing. the old saying, you can indict a ham sandwich. The Grand Jury only hears the prosecutors side of the case "We found cocaine in the accused's house" is all you really need

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Reeks of a DA or Prosecutor looking to make a name for himself throwing the book at a "Star Athlete"

Keep in mind an indictment means nothing. the old saying, you can indict a ham sandwich. The Grand Jury only hears the prosecutors side of the case "We found cocaine in the accused's house" is all you really need

You are correct about indictments, but your wrong about prosecutors.  Prosecutors have a 97% conviction rate, bc they prosecute only cases they are sure they are going to win.  Remember, prosecutors have the "beyond a reasonable doubt" burden they must meet.  That means the prosecutor likely has a rock solid case before they ever seek an indictment.  In this case, knowing you are likely to be facing some very high dollar lawyers, it's very likely they have forensic evidence as well.  It will be plead down, and he'll probably get 4 games

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

Someone's been watching a little too much Hollywood

18 hours ago, Golfman said:

Except for finger prints which are going to be on the bag I presume it was in. Which is why I am assuming he was charged in the first place. 

you think there was fingerprints on a glassine bag with an 8 ball in it,  Damm he would have had to try to leave a print on it. you are talking a 1" square bag that you probably pick up withyour fingernails or the tips of your fingers hard to see how they get a 12 point match on that.  He probably left it on a mirror with a 10bill rolled up on the side of it.  The cops knocked and he was probably expecting a friend and the cops came in and found it. 

2 hours ago, patman said:

you think there was fingerprints on a glassine bag with an 8 ball in it,  Damm he would have had to try to leave a print on it. you are talking a 1" square bag that you probably pick up withyour fingernails or the tips of your fingers hard to see how they get a 12 point match on that.  He probably left it on a mirror with a 10bill rolled up on the side of it.  The cops knocked and he was probably expecting a friend and the cops came in and found it. 

Clearly shows I know nothing on the subject.