Andrew Luck is retiring

beardown3231

A real shame...Luck was an excellent QB when healthy and seems like a quality man...I think a lot of this retirement in mental as much as physical...when you have been through so many surgeries and even worse rehabs then your asked to put yourself back in the exact same spot as you keep getting hurt in that can be tough to get over...

Dude is smart and charismatic...he will be a top pundit for years to come and I wish him all the best if that is what he decides to do...he could even follow in his father's foot steps and be more of an administrator...NFL commissioner Andrew Luck in 20 years time would be no surprise either.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Pretend someone smart is making trade and acquisitions.

Luck was can't miss franchise QB.  There hasn't been one of those since.  

Don't think just draft picks. You could have got some good veterans to fill holes.

I can't pretend that. You said could the COLTS have kept Manning and traded that pick for more picks to win another Super Bowl. They had an awful FO and a bad ownership. I can't pretend they all were geniuses because they were borderline vegetables.

• Like 2

Man this sucks.  Hard not to love a guy like Luck. He's everything you would want in a franchise QB.

I legit thought this year was Luck's best chance at leading the Colts to a SB. 

Just a shame we won't get to see him play anymore but mad respect to him for doing what his heart is telling him to. Takes a lot of balls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

I can't believe the people here in the News thread (about Luck retiring) defending the Colts fans booing Luck as he left the field.

I mean, good lord...

Basic idiot fans. At least our little group here was pissed at Tru getting booed by the Bears "fans" when he was recognized at the game. It's amazing how inept some people are.

• Like 2

Constant pain and rehab for 3+ years and then getting hurt this year and doing it again during camp was straw that broke the camels back.

I have gout, let me tell you being in great pain for long stretches sucks big time.  It is very mentally taxing in many ways.  

He made more than enough money I don't blame him one bit.  How many people handed 100+ million dollars would keep working their job?  You have to really love it to do that and if your job is causing you extreme physical discomfort it is hard to love.  

I understand Indy fans are upset, they were thinking of a possible SB run this year and Indy was a trendy pick to do just that. 

I think in reality a lot of Chicago fans would have reacted same way initially. 

Imagine if it was Philly fans. Shudder.

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Yeah, but counterpoint,  Sean from Muncie has to go to work every day at the shipping warehouse and doesn't get to retire right before the regular season. Just sayin

But how badly is Sean from Muncie injured and for how long has he endured pain and rehab only to get hurt again?

I would submit that not long after his first major injury Sean is collecting Workman's Comp and then quite possibly long term SSDI payments monthly if he's unable to return to his former job.  At that point he's mostly retired as well.

I don't believe there are many ways most of us can understand this decision on Luck's part but we should respect it and so should Colts fans.  It showed poor judgement to boo him as he was leaving the game at the end.  Without they'd have been the Bears for most of the past decade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, soulman said:

I would submit that not long after his first major injury Sean is collecting Workman's Comp and then quite possibly long term SSDI payments monthly if he's unable to return to his former job.  At that point he's mostly retired as well.

Yup.  Seen it a million times.

A lot of guys/gals take that income and start actually doing something they love.  A lot just become layabouts or considered themselves retired.