Barkey is gone at #1, who do I take at #2?

RaidersAreOne

Who do I take?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who do I take?

• Kamara
    • McCaffrey
    • Other

It's assumed Latavius Murray is the new Mark Ingram and it will be a time share.. I don't think that's the case. I see Kamara as the bellcow this season and he has an elite season. He's arguably the most talented back in the league. I like Cmac, but Newton's health scares me in that offense a little.

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Take Caff and run. I love Kamara, but Caff is Kamara + more volume.

I had the 1st pick in a league and took McCaffrey over Barkley. I think they are both good for volume and pass catching but I trust the Carolina offense as a whole more than the GIants offense as a whole

I'd go the opposite way and take Kamara.

Love CMC but I think in some ways the Panthers offense likely being better this year is going to hurt him. He didn't really explode last year until Cam's shoulder injury started bothering him and he a.) started checking down to CMC even more than usual and b.) wasn't being used at the goalline as a runner as much,  giving CMC all those opportunities. Assuming Cam's foot heals alright, the Panthers passing game will in general be more balanced with Samuel and Moore having real roles carved out, the Panthers have already made some noise about wanting to limit CMC's usage somewhat, and Cam is bound to vulture a lot of goalline carries. 

Meanwhile in New Orleans, Ingram is gone and I expect the Saints to up Kamara's volume even if Murray still eats into his carries somewhat. I honestly almost took Kamara at 1 over Barkley, in the end i think Barkley is just that good but I think Kamara is gonna feast this year. 

Edited by BaltimoreTerp

6 hours ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

It's assumed Latavius Murray is the new Mark Ingram and it will be a time share.. I don't think that's the case. I see Kamara as the bellcow this season and he has an elite season. He's arguably the most talented back in the league. I like Cmac, but Newton's health scares me in that offense a little.

That’s where I think you’re wrong. Kamara usage with the 1s in preseason combined with Payton’s comments about him being “soft” (check Evan Silva’s podcast for more info) show he isn’t going to be a guy that gets 80% of snaps. Most likely it’s 70/30 where Latavius Murray is getting a lot of those goal line touches. 

This recent Cam injury might also make him less likely to run which opens more options for Mc as well.

12 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

That’s where I think you’re wrong. Kamara usage with the 1s in preseason combined with Payton’s comments about him being “soft” (check Evan Silva’s podcast for more info) show he isn’t going to be a guy that gets 80% of snaps. Most likely it’s 70/30 where Latavius Murray is getting a lot of those goal line touches. 

This recent Cam injury might also make him less likely to run which opens more options for Mc as well.

Can't find the link, but there was a report that Murray will not be taking on as much snaps as Ingram did. Not sure why Murray would get goal line touches when Kamara is elite at punching it in and keeps the defense on their toes more than Murray could.

Heard that on the Cam front. I don't disagree, I'm really splitting hairs more than anything and I think if Cam went down for the year defenses would eventually bottle up CMac pretty consistently.

5 hours ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

Can't find the link, but there was a report that Murray will not be taking on as much snaps as Ingram did. Not sure why Murray would get goal line touches when Kamara is elite at punching it in and keeps the defense on their toes more than Murray could.

Heard that on the Cam front. I don't disagree, I'm really splitting hairs more than anything and I think if Cam went down for the year defenses would eventually bottle up CMac pretty consistently.

Reports can say whatever they want. Snap count doesn't lie. Over the last 3 years Murray has scored 26 TDs. Now he isn't going to be THE goal line back but he will definitely be taking away some inside the 5 touches from Kamara.