Who should I drop?

EaglesPeteC

22 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

After my draft I moved Josh Gordon to an IR spot so I could pick up Tony Pollard off of waivers. 

Now that Gordon is activated I have to drop someone to move him off of IR. 

Who would you discard?

Adrian Peterson

Royce Freeman 

Justin Jackson 

How long can you wait?

If Zeke signs, pollard becomes expendable

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

That was my plan with him and Justin Jackson but it is prompting me to make a drop now that Gordon is off NFI

I think you have to cut Jackson because the immediate value is with Pollard. If Zeke reports you can hopefully drop Pollard and scoop up Jackson

What about my dilemma?

I drafted Zach Ertz but Vance McDonald is on the waiver wire(somehow, someway he went undrafted)

The only person I could drop realistically would be Justin Jackson. Its a non-PPR league, I have Zeke, Josh Jacobs, David Montgomery, James White and Latavius Murray

I know I'd never start McDonald over Ertz but at least he is an elite level backup if something were to happen to Ertz and a great bye week filler too

The potential Jackson gives if Gordon actually sits out is pretty huge especially if he will be more the feature guy

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think you have to cut Jackson because the immediate value is with Pollard. If Zeke reports you can hopefully drop Pollard and scoop up Jackson

What about my dilemma?

I drafted Zach Ertz but Vance McDonald is on the waiver wire(somehow, someway he went undrafted)

The only person I could drop realistically would be Justin Jackson. Its a non-PPR league, I have Zeke, Josh Jacobs, David Montgomery, James White and Latavius Murray

I know I'd never start McDonald over Ertz but at least he is an elite level backup if something were to happen to Ertz and a great bye week filler too

The potential Jackson gives if Gordon actually sits out is pretty huge especially if he will be more the feature guy

Thoughts?

I’d try and package James White with someone to upgrade a spot and then pick up Vance otherwise, I wouldn’t get too greedy. Upside at RB is worth much more than upside at TE. 

Im tempted to drop AP. what is his real upside with Guice on the mend in a bad offense?

13 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I’d try and package James White with someone to upgrade a spot and then pick up Vance otherwise, I wouldn’t get too greedy. Upside at RB is worth much more than upside at TE. 

Im tempted to drop AP. what is his real upside with Guice on the mend in a bad offense?

I think for now what I'm going to do is drop my kicker(since for whatever reason we were forced to get one) and try and add McDonald then just wait and see if Gordon reports or if guys get hurt

8 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Trading in this league is pretty much not an option especially now. Like I'll offer up James White and someone else and they'll want to return someone drafted 2 rounds after both guys...so dumb

10 hours ago, lancerman said:

AP just went for 1000 yards and 7TD's. I'd keep him just for the potential taht he has another good year if he stays healthy

He also has Guice now to deal with and a healthy Chris Thompson. His upside is severely limited. Guice got all the first team reps last week.

18 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

His hamstring issues might not go away though. Also Chris Thompson is always healthy until he gets hit 1 time

Guice got first team reps. He is in line to continue that. Injuries could happen to any RB. The Redskins felt Guice was healthy enough to give him 10+ touches.

If the choice is between AP, Royce Freeman, and Justin Jackson then I'm dropping AP before the other two. Royce has been getting favorable treatment and has split first team reps with Lindsay. Justin Jackson has been getting first team reps in preseason splitting with Eckler. They are more likely to have the ability to play and give you upside than AP in my mind.