Start/Sit and Weekly Lineup Help

11sanchez11

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

With David Johnson injured and Joe Mixon playing terrible, my lineup looks bad this week. 

QB Tom Brady

RB Chris Carson

RB Melvin Gordon

WR Cooper Kupp

WR John Brown

TE Hunter Henry

Flex Corey Davis

Super Flex Darius Slayton or Austin Hooper (no Ryan) leaning Slayton

I think I would still go Hooper. I actually like Tight Ends sometimes when there's a backup QB playing because they often look to them for safety passes as opposed to taking risks downfield to wideouts. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dtwizzy2k8 said:

I think I would still go Hooper. I actually like Tight Ends sometimes when there's a backup QB playing because they often look to them for safety passes as opposed to taking risks downfield to wideouts. 

Decided to go Watkins actually. I usually don’t play players their first game back but he seems like the best choice. 

Do I use one of my last 4 moves for the year to start Tannehill over Darnold??? Ryan is out so this will be two weeks without him.  Darnold plays MIAMI next week so I’m comfortable with that matchup. I know I would start Tanny easily  tomorrow if there wasn’t a move count but I don’t want to hamstring myself anymore than I already have with so much season left to play. 

13 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Do I dare bench Odell (@NE)? I have WR and Flex to fill and the other underwhelming options are Robby Anderson (@Jax), McKissic (@NYG), and Cameron Brate (@Ten). Thinking about Anderson at WR and Brate at Flex (no OJ)

.5 ppr btw

My answer to the first question was, you can if you have someone with a solid floor AND potential for a huge ceiling.  You, however, don't have that if they guys you listed are your options to start in place of him.  Anderson's money weeks kick in after this matchup with Jacksonville.  He's likely a TD-or-bust guy this week, which is the same as OBJ will be, but honestly, OBJ gives you someone who is stronger in terms of YAC in a game where his team is almost assuredly going to be playing from behind.

6 hours ago, dtwizzy2k8 said:

Matt Ryan is out, so should I start Sanu over Ridley now?

Also, should I start John Brown vs Philly over Julio Jones or is that getting too cute?

I'd say start John Brown over Ridley; basically playing King Solomon here.  Schaub still has chemistry with Julio... and he's freaking Julio Jones.  Brown is Josh Allen's (in all his inaccurate glory) WR1 and he'll get targeted a good amount... against a team that does a very good job defending the run and has been a liability against the pass (especially the deep pass) this season.

23 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'd say start John Brown over Ridley; basically playing King Solomon here.  Schaub still has chemistry with Julio... and he's freaking Julio Jones.  Brown is Josh Allen's (in all his inaccurate glory) WR1 and he'll get targeted a good amount... against a team that does a very good job defending the run and has been a liability against the pass (especially the deep pass) this season.

Thanks for the response, but to clarify, I have Julio and Ridley in 2 different leagues. So in one league, I have both Julio and John Brown and am debating if I should start Brown.

Julio has 560yds/4TDs this year and John Brown has 473yds/2TDs in 1 fewer game. Julio is playing with Matt Schaub against a Seattle defense that doesn't give up a lot to WRs, while John Brown is playing against a horrible Philly secondary. 

I get that it's Julio Jones, but I just don't want to leave points on the bench solely due to "name brand", you know?

50 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I worry about that Saints run D. Latavius and Ty Johnson’s matchups are much better 

Ty Johnson has a great matchup and I like him and am starting him myself in one of my leagues, but at the end of the day his role and capability is a big question mark. We really don't know for sure that he'll get a full work load, or if he's capable of great production even if he does. 

Chase, on the other hand, just had a monster week so we know for a fact that he'll get the workload and is capable of producing fantasy numbers. To me that certainty in work load puts him above Ty until further notice and we see at least 1 full game from Ty. 

It's close though. 

9 minutes ago, dtwizzy2k8 said:

Ty Johnson has a great matchup and I like him and am starting him myself in one of my leagues, but at the end of the day his role and capability is a big question mark. We really don't know for sure that he'll get a full work load, or if he's capable of great production even if he does. 

Chase, on the other hand, just had a monster week so we know for a fact that he'll get the workload and is capable of producing fantasy numbers. To me that certainty in work load puts him above Ty until further notice and we see at least 1 full game from Ty. 

It's close though. 

That is a fair argument. Was Chase’s huge game the player or the matchup? If the matchups were at all close, I’d go with Chase 100%. 

mcLaurin being on Thursday screwed me. If I had known DJ was out 100% I would have benched him and played both guys 

Edited by EaglesPeteC

10 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Chase Edmonds (vs Saints) or Latavius Murray (vs Cardinals)

PPR

I think I would say Latavius with Kamara not expected to play and Drew Brees back. Saints will probably get up on The Cardinals so game script will favor Murray. Both are good options though. I feel like I’m going to start Edmonds in my flex this week.

I’m deciding between(.5 point PPR): 

Edmonds @ NO

Josh Jacobs @ HOU

Tevin Coleman vs CAR 

Leaning Edmonds right now because I already had Cook get me over 25 points and my opponent had McLaurin with 5.9. Im projected to win right now , so I feel like going with the highest floor is my best bet. Edmonds is going to get a ton of usage with Johnson out, so I feel like he has a higher floor than Jacobs (who is injured and his usage might be limited) or Coleman (who is in a RBBC).