The "Kick the Tires" Thread (Other Teams Cuts)

Packerraymond

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

You're enamored with social media and lend it greater credence or power than it holds. In NFL FO's its the contract and assessment of the players value to the team that sways their decision.

You're wrong here :)

And at the worst possible time. Antonio Brown blows up your whole notion, and nothing more really needs to be said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Not saying I totally buy into this, but...PFF says coverage is more important than rushing the passer.  Quick passes negate elite pass rushers, not elite corners.

For whatever it is worth, many NFL teams subscribe to PFF and use their analytics.

If that is the case....I would think that Ramsey could fetch multiple #1 picks.  He is that good.  He is still very young.  But..we are seeing them negotiate via the media.  If you set the asking price at two #1's...well....my best guess would be that you know you will negotiate off of that number.

No real reason for my post, other than to say that I'm a huge NFL fan.

I remember when John McKay of the Buccaneers once told his players to "Get back, or I'll trade all of you to Green Bay!!"

Coaches and teams had power.  With social media?  It's changing.  Now you can tweet your way or "unfollow" your way out of your current team.  It is an interesting dynamic.

BTW...McKay also said "If a contest had 97 prizes, the 98'th would be a trip to Green Bay."  Classic.

He also said...'Kickers are like horse manure, they are all over the place."

Finally..."We didn't tackle well today, but we made up for it by not blocking."

After a particularly lackluster performance in the middle of Tampa Bays 0 - 24 opening games McKay was asked by a reporter about his teams execution . I’m in favor of it, was his reply.  

• Like 2

Just now, incognito_man said:

I will probably keep responding if you keep being wrong, just FYI :)

Go ahead....but in your next response, inform us how a team loses the power of the contract over player transactions.

How its not ultimately the teams decision?

Twitter posts? "Unfollows" on Instragram?

Go ahead. If you're gonna keep responding - come up with the answer to that.

Just now, Leader said:

Go ahead....but in your next response, inform us how a team loses the power of the contract over player transactions.

How its not ultimately the teams decision?

Twitter posts? "Unfollows" on Instragram?

Go ahead. If you're gonna keep responding - come up with the answer to that.

Antonio Brown

• Like 1

Just now, incognito_man said:

Here in the real world there is a little more nuance. The results speak for themselves, I don't have to do better at anything. Im properly observing reality.

So you think.....but again, you've failed to point out when or how the team loses the power of the contract. Thats all I've been saying and so far nobody's been able to say when/where that would happen.

Twitter posts?

Instagram comments?

Nope.

Ultimately, it's the teams decision....even in your nuanced world....contract law matters.