Week 1: Falcons (0-0) at VIKINGS (0-0)

swede700

Last year, the Falcons were uncharacteristically bad rushing the ball and stopping the run. So, who will have the most yards rushing this game?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Last year, the Falcons were uncharacteristically bad rushing the ball and stopping the run. So, who will have the most yards rushing this game?

• Dalvin Cook
    • Devonta Freeman
    • Alexander Mattison
    • Ito Smith
    • Other (state preference in thread)

Gotta say this was an absolutely fun game to watch. Definitely need to clean up the penalties, but it was the first game and need to get those jitters out. Im cautiously optimistic about the running game, but that was so great to see. Give Cook a small crease and he will do some damage, so glad we have him on our team.

Nice to see The Vikes start out on a good note.  Nice to see the running game do well so there wasn't much pressure on Cousins to rise above his normal level.  It seems that Stefanski's offence is better for this team than the previous one.  both the offence and the defence came up with lots of big plays, even though they made several mistakes.  Cook looked like his old self.  Nice to see that.  I 'll be glad when Hughes returns and Doctson gets intgrated into the offence.  And when O'Neill and Bradley get significantly better with more experience.

8 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

Nice to see The Vikes start out on a good note.  Nice to see the running game do well so there wasn't much pressure on Cousins to rise above his normal level.  It seems that Stefanski's offence is better for this team than the previous one.  both the offence and the defence came up with lots of big plays, even though they made several mistakes.  Cook looked like his old self.  Nice to see that.  I 'll be glad when Hughes returns and Doctson gets intgrated into the offence.  And when O'Neill and Bradley get significantly better with more experience.

The implication being that eventually, he will have to. We'll see what Kirk's future brings.

This was a very good win and a fun game to watch. We looked better than last year all around. I loved how we seized control right from the beginning and never let go.

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The only complaint I had about this game was, once again, the Vikings showed a passive approach heading into the half. With 1:43(?) left in the first half they may as well have taken a few knees. I’d like to see them be more aggressive in those situations.

If the drive started on the 30 or 40, I would agree with you. But we were on the 10. It just wouldn't have been a smart decision. This isn't Madden.

10 minutes ago, Klomp said:

If the drive started on the 30 or 40, I would agree with you. But we were on the 10. It just wouldn't have been a smart decision. This isn't Madden.

Completely disagree. 

With 1:43 left in the half the goal still needs to be trying to score. Trying to kill the clock doesn’t really do anything. 

Had the score been 10-0, or 14-0, you’re going to still be trying to make a drive. Against a team with Julio Jones and Matt Ryan, a 21-0 lead should not make you feel comfortable. 

Great opening day performance in all 3 phases!!!!

1. DL cannot jump offsides that many times in a game. 

2. Disappointed with our somewhat conservative offensive approach in the 2nd half. 

3. Wish our DL could’ve hit home a few more times later in the game. 

4. Great to get a W while only attempting 10 passes. 

Archived