2019 Baltimore Ravens Roster Tracker

coordinator0

56 minutes ago, Danand said:

The clear cut resigns imo are Stanley, Andrews, Zeus, Humphrey and ofc Lamar (all baring injuries).

Lamar, Mark, and Orlando can't be extended until after the 2020 season. Rookies need to play 3 seasons before they're eligible for an extension. Going forward they will be priorities(obviously).

I think these are the most predictable resigns-

The priority this off season will be extending Marlon and Ronnie. They're eligible and funny enough both of their deals will either effect or by effected by the deals that Laremy Tunsil & Jalen Ramsey could potentially reach with the Texans and Rams.

Then you have guys like Chuck Clark and Patrick Ricard who we'll control through the 2020 season(Ricard will be a RFA- we'd tender him). Both of them have become important and versatile players for their respective unit. DeCosta is going to want to lock them up before they become unrestricted. It'll save us money in the long run and keep some consistency for our young cores on both sides of the ball. 

Finally you have two older veterans that have played great football for us this year, but are injury prone. Pernell McPhee and Josh Bynes. I think we'll give them bargain deals. Bynes is giving us some of the best Mike play we've had in a while. While McPhee is an impact player against the run, who can also rush from the inside. Both bring leadership, impact, savvy, and the Raven mentality to their position groups. They won't command big money anywhere.

-

After that group, it gets murky for me. So many variables at play.

Jimmy Smith is the biggest X-factor imo. He is so often injured, but also has such a huge impact when on the field. His ability shouldn't get worse just because he gets older, but what do you pay for 10 games a year?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Yea the girlfriend situation is rough. I believe he's been cleared of wrong doing, but it's clear his judgement in staying with her is beyond awful. I know he's close with guys like Marlon and Averret, plus you have the Ozzie connection. We did roll the dice on Rolando McClain too, another troubled Bama LB. Seems like we'd be one of the few teams to consider him.

Along this same note I think a major key also, if we keep Jimmy Smith is that Jimmy seems to be a good person to really aid in this situation for a young guy like Foster. Having experienced a similar issue but also having developed in a strong locker room he’s seemingly become that strong veteran defensive presence. The sage you can learn from.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danand said:

Jimmy Smith is the biggest X-factor imo. He is so often injured, but also has such a huge impact when on the field. His ability shouldn't get worse just because he gets older, but what do you pay for 10 games a year?

I’d easily offer him the deal we gave Brandon Carr. A four year deal worth about $5-7m. Because of his injuries there’s not likely to be a lot of teams clamoring for his services, so he’s worth more to our team. But still for good to elite corner play over what should be at least another two seasons, if not more, thats easily worth it. Especially considering the IR return and PUP rules... even if he gets hurt at some point we can pretty easily carry him off the roster and allow him to return as our trump card that energizes the defense. Last year returning from the Achilles his play had dipped and i was worried if the Achilles robbed him of his former athleticism, however after this small sample size it looks like he’s back. If he is then I’m all in for resigning him to a quality deal.

You guys want to extend Chuck Clark after 3 games? He seems like a very replaceable piece. Let him compete for a starting spot next year and see where it goes. No sense in tying up money to him until he hits free agency. 

The Ravens almost never extend mediocre/average players on a rookie deal. They will probably draft a safety or two in the next couple drafts and they will compete with Clark and Elliot. 

I'd also say Ricard is not really the type of player they would extend. He's performed ably and is versatile but is replaceable. The Ravens will spend big bucks on Humphrey and Stanley. I'd say all others will make it to free agency and then the Ravens will decide if they want to retain them. 

6 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

You guys want to extend Chuck Clark after 3 games? He seems like a very replaceable piece. Let him compete for a starting spot next year and see where it goes. No sense in tying up money to him until he hits free agency. 

The Ravens almost never extend mediocre/average players on a rookie deal. They will probably draft a safety or two in the next couple drafts and they will compete with Clark and Elliot. 

I'd also say Ricard is not really the type of player they would extend. He's performed ably and is versatile but is replaceable. The Ravens will spend big bucks on Humphrey and Stanley. I'd say all others will make it to free agency and then the Ravens will decide if they want to retain them. 

Bring back Ricard 100%

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Finally you have two older veterans that have played great football for us this year, but are injury prone. Pernell McPhee and Josh Bynes. I think we'll give them bargain deals.

I'm not sure I would invest a roster spot on McPhee, the only reason we got him is because the whole league knows he's injury prone. And he couldn't last even half the season. I would prefer more reliable players who can make it to December and January. 

I anticipate our LB corps will be looking substantially different in 2020 and beyond. Board, Bowser, and Ferguson will be around, not sure who else besides that. I doubt Reuben Foster is an option, IMO. 

12 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’d easily offer him the deal we gave Brandon Carr. A four year deal worth about $5-7m.

It will be interesting to see how much the FO wants to invest in the DBs. If we had to choose between the two, I'd take Peters over J. Smith. We are also already paying E. Thomas and Tavon Young handsomely. Humphrey is also going to make bank. 

Hopefully guys like Averett and Marshall develop so we don't need to keep paying DBs. 

To my eye, Carr has not been looking too spry out there. The Ravens would gain $6m in cap space by cutting him. Not sure if he still fits in the future plans. 

1 hour ago, M.10.E said:

Bring back Ricard 100%

Absolutely. There is absolutely no universe on this planet (pause: this is how little sense it makes to not extend him. Nonsensical statements need to be made to process the calamity) where it doesn’t make sense to extend Ricard.

He’s an impact DL option vs the run and pass then he’s a beast as a run blocking dynamo. He’s easily our most dominant RB fullback since Vonta Leach. And if that wasn’t enough he’s got nice hands as a FB as well. He’s able to be a receiver that makes plays when defenders lose him in space. He’s an elite FB and an above average DL. 

He’s not going to be super expensive since other teams don’t CURRENTLY use FB anymore (unless some team drafts a mobile QB and wants to poach our talent... hence why he should be extended). Lamar is on a rookie deal. This is an absolute no brainer extension for Ricard.

• Like 1

What looked like gut wrenching FA decisions just a little bit ago, now feels so routine. I hope and think the FO lets Peanut and Judon walk with a smile. Peters and Pierce are the only 2 they'll consider resigning from this lot. Peters' price tag is hard to predict as his value isn't the same to each club. And then Pierce is interesting because it's highly likely that if we don't resign him, another team in the AFC will try to. In effort to start building a defense that can slow down our running game. 

There's some fat to cut as well. Booting guys like Jefferson will open up some money. So we're sitting pretty good. 

• Like 1

Peters over Pierce. Add a defensive lineman that's more oriented towards penetrating rather than collecting blockers and stuffing the run. Having Pierce and Williams is great, but I think only one is needed. With the secondary being so strong and giving the line/rushers more time to get to the QB they need to capitalize on that. The linemen they have now can't. That's not their games.

I'm still in believe it when I see it mode when it comes to the team letting Judon walk. 

Don't really have a preference either way with Onwuasor. Though it seems to be clear that he needs to be in the WILL role with a true MIKE next to him. 

• Like 2