2019 Baltimore Ravens Roster Tracker

coordinator0

47 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Because coaches are going to play it safe when they have generally high(ish)-floor veterans ahead of the young guys with potential. Especially those they don't have a lot invested in. It suck sometimes, but that's how it goes. Coaches aren't risk-takers. 

Wish I had a thousand likes to give you.

You'd think the emergence of Chuck Clark would've finally nuked any and all of the valueless "If they had something to contribute, they'd be forcing the coach's hand" takes lol. That's just not how it works, and it's never going to be. Harbaugh might be the unanimous Coach of the Year, but gun to their head- no one alive thinks had he not been injured Tony Jefferson wouldn't be starting right now with Clark primarily riding the bench. 

As you said, it sucks sometimes- but that's just how it goes. It's not a flawed strategy by and large, but it will have it's consequences. 

Edited by DreamKid

We really reacting to ONE GAME VERSUS THE BENGALS for Zach freaking Seiler?!?! Pierce and Judon had no problem getting snaps here as late round and udfa. Neither did Peanut. There's been plenty of examples of late round players getting playing time if they are good. Miss me with this Sieler stuff. Where's Correa at? He has a good first game with the Titans then fell off the map.

Edited by M.10.E
  • Like 3

^^ what he said.

oh look, he finally did something meaningful in a game!

lets ignore that it was against the worst team in the league in full tank mode and a sorry excuse for an Oline.

Sieler was a nice complementary piece maybe, but sure enough nobody to write home about.
but to each his won i guess.

2 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Because coaches are going to play it safe when they have generally high(ish)-floor veterans ahead of the young guys with potential. Especially those they don't have a lot invested in. It suck sometimes, but that's how it goes. Coaches aren't risk-takers. 

Who is this "high floor veteran" ahead of Sieler?! Chris Wormley averages under 1 tackle per game and has 2.5 CAREER sacks. Where was the risk in this situation? lol

"Coaches aren't risk takers" which is why we let CJ Mosley walk and went into this season with Kenny Young and Peanut at ILB? Coaches take calculated risks all the time. We cut Zach Sieler because he didn't show anything for this team at a position that was already thinner than one of the Olsen twins with talent and potential.

If Sieler goes on to have a successful career with the Dolphins I would be shocked.

28 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Who is this "high floor veteran" ahead of Sieler?! Chris Wormley averages under 1 tackle per game and has 2.5 CAREER sacks. Where was the risk in this situation? lol

I think its more that Wormley does his job fairly consistently (and happens to do nothing more) whereas Sieler was more boom and bust

25 minutes ago, drd23 said:

I think its more that Wormley does his job fairly consistently (and happens to do nothing more) whereas Sieler was more boom and bust

And what exactly is his job? To exist on the field? If we couldn't get Sieler to do that, I think we have bigger problems.

9 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

An Olsen twins reference? At the cusp of 2020! I'm gonna have to recommend you for at least a 1 Week ban AFS.

I am turning 28 in a couple of days, so it looks like I'm starting to show my age.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And what exactly is his job? To exist on the field? If we couldn't get Sieler to do that, I think we have bigger problems.

It basically seems to be.  Just eat up space and maintain gap responsibility, while occasionally bull rushing his opposite man

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I am turning 28 in a couple of days, so it looks like I'm starting to show my age.

Just change your reference to Elizabeth Olsen - at least she's been relevant in the last 3 years

• Like 2

4 hours ago, drd23 said:

It basically seems to be.  Just eat up space and maintain gap responsibility, while occasionally bull rushing his opposite man

Agreed. Every team needs a few Wormley's as lame as it sounds. Just need to be able to trust guys to be in the place they need to be.

7 hours ago, drd23 said:

Just change your reference to Elizabeth Olsen - at least she's been relevant in the last 3 years

True. But she’s got more meat on her bones than her sisters so then his reference wouldn’t be too apt.

The only safe thing to do here is to eat it. It would be foolish to regurgitate that reference. Would leave his options quite petite, I’ll say....

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Probs upset about all the money he most likely lost this season.

Him, Levine, and Judon were the three musketeers to begin the season. Wonder if that relationship is still as tight now that his boys aren’t getting the same shine that Judon is getting. Either way Peanut just sealed the deal with him being replaced this offseason. Like I doubt we even offer him a take it or leave it type of deal now. At this point just have to hope he balls out in the playoffs so as to net the team a 4th round comp pick on the other end of free agency.

3 hours ago, M.10.E said:

Probs upset about all the money he most likely lost this season.

And in the end, it was his own play that resulted in that. When you are notably upgraded by guys who we sign off the streets (one of whom has never even played here before), that's a HUGE sign that you're not good.

Peanut has played solidly in the limited snaps he's gotten since then, in his former role, but dude clearly was not capable of being "the guy" at the Mike for us.

• 2 weeks later...