Josh Doctson & Vikings reach agreement.

gopherwrestler

37 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

This signing is one that deserves its own topic. It’s a guy many of us had as our #1 receiver in 2016. This shall be a fun run. Instantly is a WR3 for us that can play on the outside and is actually a red zone threat.

I know he hasn’t done much, but he hasn’t been around much talent, he was forced to try and be a #1 receiver. Now he doesn’t have to be that. Could be a decent option in the offense.

I recall wanting Doctson over Treadwell back in 2016 but was content with either. Taken right before Treadwell too.

• Like 2

Pierre Garcon I would have loved to bring in but not sure his health, and Kelvin Benjamin I would have liked but another not sure his condition level currently and same can be said for Dez Bryant or Martavis Bryant.  Doctson is younger than all of them and went through a training camp so will see, solid move and I like they got a WR the Vikings currently do not already have in terms of a physical build.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

I recall wanting Doctson over Treadwell back in 2016 but was content with either. Taken right before Treadwell too.

Yeah that was a wash really, both were fine players, Treadwell a little higher profile and played against better competition.  Will be exciting to see how Doctson does no doubt but honestly didn't the Vikings have to cut someone to sign him?  Wonder who that was.  

Just now, Ozzy said:

Pierre Garcon I would have loved to bring in but not sure his health, and Kelvin Benjamin I would have liked but another not sure his condition level currently and same can be said for Dez Bryant or Martavis Bryant.  Doctson is younger than all of them and went through a training camp so will see, solid move and I like they got a WR the Vikings currently do not already have in terms of a physical build.  

For Garçons talent level, I’m just assuming his health is just out of question for teams. When he was healthy he was basically a WR1. 

Benjamin I just don’t exactly want anymore, teams keep moving on from him, and he isn’t much more than a stretch TE at this point. He doesn’t move the meter.

Dez just said he wouldn’t even be ready to try out for teams until October I believe on Twitter.

Bryant has all the talent, but he just can’t get on the field. We have our one talented guy we are taking a chance on with Holten Hill, I don’t see the team wanting another headache of a player 

7 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

For Garçons talent level, I’m just assuming his health is just out of question for teams. When he was healthy he was basically a WR1. 

Benjamin I just don’t exactly want anymore, teams keep moving on from him, and he isn’t much more than a stretch TE at this point. He doesn’t move the meter.

Dez just said he wouldn’t even be ready to try out for teams until October I believe on Twitter.

Bryant has all the talent, but he just can’t get on the field. We have our one talented guy we are taking a chance on with Holten Hill, I don’t see the team wanting another headache of a player 

I agree the others were much more of a long shot and Doctson is really the best option.  Assuming again they did not have to cut anyone to sign him?

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I agree the others were much more of a long shot and Doctson is really the best option.  Assuming again they did not have to cut anyone to sign him?

That hasn’t came out yet, someone obviously is getting cut.

Dillon, Abdullah, Boyd, Hercules, Watts, Johnson are probably the options I would assume. Maybe one of the offensive lineman.

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Dillon, Abdullah, Boyd, Hercules, Watts, Johnson are probably the options I would assume.

I am thinking Dillion. They essentially have 5 TE's with Morgan on the PUP. I bet he would slide right onto the PS

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Dillon, Abdullah, Boyd, Hercules, Watts, Johnson are probably the options I would assume. Maybe one of the offensive lineman.

Options?  If they cut Hercules they are absolute idiots, same with Abdullah also considering his special teams return skills and ability to catch the ball out of the backfield.  To me it is Watts and Dillon are the options and that is it, maybe Boyd but not with all the corners they have out at the moment.

• Like 1

I’m still excited to just see what Doctson can do it this offense.

Should really see a lot of open targets over the middle with Diggs and Thielen.

but who this truly will help if this works out, it’s Kyle Rudolph, and Dalvin Cook. If he can pan out we should see a lot more LB’s trying to cover these two. 

2 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

I think one of the OL. 10 is a lot. Would likely be Udoh. Would he go unnoticed and make the PS?

id personally cut Abdullah. Just don't think he's useful and taking game day reps from Boone.

Edited by vikingsrule