FA 2020

drfrey13

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

2 picks but 43 PD's. Not a playmaker but is a true lockdown CB.

I’d rather have a CB who covers the opposing WRs at a high rate then a CB who gets 3 INTs a year but gives up more TDs and catches. The videos producer is correct, the Cowboys Safeties have been piss poor much of his time at CB.  I didn’t watch many Dallas games and study the defensive scheme but logically speaking this could contribute (but not be the sole reason) for his low INTs.  In the end though Jones will never be a High INT CB.  He contests catches at the catch point very well But instinctually he goes for the PD not the INT. 
Also, INT stats really aren’t that, that important.  Many times CBs get an INT because of a tipped pass, poor throw when the CB is trailing the CB, etc etc.  It’s similar to sack stats in that how many sacks did the guy have when he was not blocked (whether scheme-wise or a missed assignment) Or the QB was flushed into him by rusher(s) who got faster, quicker pressure. Then there’s the 1-3yd sacks after a long drop back and everyone’s covered and the QB takes off up the middle and gets “sacked” by a shoe string tackle.  Obviously all sacks aren’t equal.  

Jones covers #1 WRs of all types, doesn’t give up many yards and TDS, and is a really good tackler... aiding in run support.  I think that is way more important than 2-4 INTs per year.

10 hours ago, big_palooka said:

He's been on a steady decline since flashing his first 2 seasons... just sayin.

Hopefully it is cuz his play recently has been average at best.   He certainly has potential and I wanted him over Cooper (hey... I was in prison for a few years and only had a few college games on TV to watch and draft magazines and internet print outs to go on.... plus I loved how he wanted to be a Raider and was still very sour over how we never signed Devon Bess.... he was a UDFA from Hawaii who wore a Raider emblem on his practice helmet.... how do we not get him as a UDFA signing?!?....he turned out to be a very good slot WR for many years...ok rant over) .... but his play the last few years has been so unimpressive.  I’d love to take a flier on him, but heck no to the $13-15million per over 4 years type of flier

Here’s what was said in Vic article 

Another player the Raiders would like to steal from an AFC West rival, according to league sources, is Broncos safety Justin Simmons. He could play center field next to Johnathan Abram. Last season, Simmons broke up 15 passes and had four interceptions but, like Jones, could be tagged if he can’t come to a long-term deal agreement.

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Here’s what was said in Vic article 

Another player the Raiders would like to steal from an AFC West rival, according to league sources, is Broncos safety Justin Simmons. He could play center field next to Johnathan Abram. Last season, Simmons broke up 15 passes and had four interceptions but, like Jones, could be tagged if he can’t come to a long-term deal agreement.

Would suggest we ain’t moving Joyner.

17 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Another under the radar signing at LB could be Nick Kwiatkoski. 

I argued pretty heavy against this guy when another poster really hyped him up as a great player to sign for (I believe... not sure) $8-9 million per.  
I actually like the guy, he came on pretty good as the season went on and injuries at LB hit Chicago, but his coverage responsibilities were limited by scheme and coaching.  He’s an average, physically limited player in coverage.  It really comes down to price.  He’s a solid stop gap starter.  It’d solve some problems but not all of them.

I’d personally rather just convince Whitehead to take a paycut and play him at MLB, then trade a 3rd and 4th to Arizona to move from 12 to 8 and draft Simmons.  It works for Arizona because if they want a WR Lamb or Jeudy (if not both, Jets will take a OT or WR) are still on the board and if they want a RT (DJ Humphries just resigned to a big 3yr deal to play LT) then they’ll have the choice of the remaining 1-2 OT’s in Andrew Thomas, Tristen Wirfs (I see Giants going Wills@4 ...Cleveland going Bechton or Thomas@10 ... and Jets going Lamb/Wirfs@12).  No matter what happens they’ll have options if they want a WR or RT.  It’s a good trade down for them.

Lastly, I still have hope for Lee.  Not a ton of hope but I’d like to see him get a shot even it’s just a part-time starter slash 4th, rotational LB.

Just now, Dessie said:

Would suggest we ain’t moving Joyner.

The more I see of Tafur the more I feel he’s Making stuff up just to generate content.  We just restructured Joyner and he’s moving to FS.  There’s no way we can afford Justin Simmons and Joyner. Obviously we’d love to have him and it weakens Denver but it’s not a plausible more and everyone knows that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

The more I see of Tafur the more I feel he’s Making stuff up just to generate content.  We just restructured Joyner and he’s moving to FS.  There’s no way we can afford Justin Simmons and Joyner. Obviously we’d love to have him and it weakens Denver but it’s not a plausible more and everyone knows that.

Where are you getting Joyner is moving to FS from?

12 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think the same... we aren't going leak who we are interested In signing to a local beat write, last year Trent Brown signing came out of no where 

15 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Sounds like we are letting Kizer and Glennon walk. 

I get Glennon, that’s a consensus opinion but where did you get Kizer is gone?  
i haven’t heard that.

i don’t see us cutting him.  He’s got a low cap, no dead cap.  Why wouldn’t we bring him into camp to compete.  Yes, we most definitely will try very hard to bring in a new QB2 but to say it sounds like Kizer walk seems like Fake News to me.  If we let him walk it’s at the cut deadline.

23 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think the same... we aren't going leak who we are interested In signing to a local beat write, last year Trent Brown signing came out of no where 

Yeah, what Tafur is doing is your typical Clickbate BS.  Of course we’d love to sign Justin Simmons.... but not at 15m per year  given our roster and play situation.  He can get away with it because OF COURSE we’re going to be interested and do our homework but it’s not a real world viable idea. We have cap space but it’s actually limited given our various needs.