FA 2020

drfrey13

Rivers arm velocity completely died last year 5-6 games into the season. Like literally died, no velocity what so ever. 

That doesn’t just magically disappear and come back. It’s possible it’ll be back the first half of 2020 and die the 2nd half. But Rivers arm is not making it through a full season. 

The only team Rivers can still be effective on is the Colts. That’s it. That’s the only team. They focus tons on YAC and have many speedy WRs, and they have the #1 Pass Protection. I like Rivers fit on the Colts. He’s definitely an upgrade over Brissett. Anything other than Indy, he should retire. 

28 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Not rivers please god. He was so bad this year. I'd jump off a cliff.

Yeah that makes no sense whatsoever.  I could argue back and forth about who is better right now between Brady and Carr, but anyone who tells me Rivers is a better option I don't even want to talk to.

I'll always be a Raiders fan, but I'd probably tune out when we are 2-5 and Rivers has 10 INTs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, true2form said:

Yeah that makes no sense whatsoever.  I could argue back and forth about who is better right now between Brady and Carr, but anyone who tells me Rivers is a better option I don't even want to talk to.

I'll always be a Raiders fan, but I'd probably tune out when we are 2-5 and Rivers has 10 INTs.

Cool, Carr over Rivers, it’s nice to feel united for a brief moment. I still think there’s a 50-55% chance Carr is gone before the draft though. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Cool, Carr over Rivers, it’s nice to feel united for a brief moment. I still think there’s a 50-55% chance Carr is gone before the draft though. 

If he's gone sure. Can there at least be a contingency plan.

It certainly isn't any of the FA guys. Rivers had Keenan Allen Mike Williams and Hunter Henry. Plus Ekeler out of the backfield to catch dump passes. He didn't have great protection, but his arm and decision making were awful.

As for the others...

Winston: garbage

Teddy: 0 upside, Carr is easily better

Tanehill: Older and won't hit the market. Good player though.

Brady: Way too old. Basically is throwing away the future for a 2 year window of slightly above average qb play.

I say gamble on the 3rd year, not a FA with no prior chemistry/system knowledge who isn't an upgrade.

• Like 2

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

If he's gone sure. Can there at least be a contingency plan.

It certainly isn't any of the FA guys. Rivers had Keenan Allen Mike Williams and Hunter Henry. Plus Ekeler out of the backfield to catch dump passes. He didn't have great protection, but his arm and decision making were awful.

I don’t think Rivers, Dak, Teddy, Winston, or Mariota are upgrades over Carr. I am a realistic man. 

I do think Brady is a massive upgrade, Tannehil is also an upgrade. Although no way Tenn lets Tannehil walk. 

Draft wise, Burrow and Tua are massive upgrades. Although we won’t be able to sniff those guys. I also think Love and Fromm are upgrades with a year on the bench. Eason 50/50. Herbert would not be an upgrade in any way. 

Winston is intriguing though because he is the complete 100% polar opposite of Carr. It’d be refreshing to see a real go-getter. But at this moment in time, I don’t think Winston is an upgrade.  

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t think Rivers, Dak, Teddy, Winston, or Mariota are upgrades over Carr. I am a realistic man. 

I do think Brady is a massive upgrade, Tannehil is also an upgrade. Although no way Tenn lets Tannehil walk. 

Draft wise, Burrow and Tua are massive upgrades. Although we won’t be able to sniff those guys. I also think Love and Fromm are upgrades with a year on the bench. Eason 50/50. Herbert would not be an upgrade in any way. 

Winston is intriguing though because he is the complete 100% polar opposite of Carr. It’d be refreshing to see a real go-getter. But at this moment in time, I don’t think Winston is an upgrade.  

What are you talking about, one QB might succeed the rest will be bust.

Just look at the history of the draft 90% of QBs bust.

6 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

What are you talking about, one QB might succeed the rest will be bust.

Just look at the history of the draft 90% of QBs bust.

Burrow and Tua are generational prospect. I think they are both the best prospects since Wentz. And Love's potential is the most I've seen of any QB since Mahomes, and years upon years before Mahomes. Sky high is the limit for Love.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Burrow and Tua are generational prospect. I think they are both the best prospects since Wentz. And Love's potential is the most I've seen of any QB since Mahomes, and years upon years before Mahomes. Sky high is the limit for Love.

No year had better prospects than Andrew Luck and RG 3 and where is they now ?

The only FA QB I'd look at (not counting Brady because I really don't think he leaves) would be Alex Smith if he were able to come back. Cheap and would probably do well in the system (lord knows he's been through enough of them) and would be a decent bridge guy. Seems pretty good about mentoring, which I think is imperative for a young QB in Gruden's system, and would probably be cool getting relegated to backup without a fuss. 

Outside of that scenario, roll with Carr and draft someone if you want this year or see what 2021 brings along in FA/draft. 

Edit: he's technically not a FA

Edited by ronjon1990

Re-Sign Worley, Joseph, Jordan, Burfict

these guys won’t cost much to bring back. Worley is solid and is worth a look to see how he looks with better talent around him. Joseph will be cheap after his injury and was coming on last season. Jordan played well and was a nice chess piece. I know Burfict is on thin ice, but he knows the defense and played well last season. We’d also be better equipped to handle him missing time next season. 

Cut Whitehead 

Sign

LB Nick Kwiatkoski , Joe Schobert

DE Mario Addison

DT Maliek Collins 

RB Carlos Hyde 

WR Breshad Perriman

i know it’s not the sexiest FA but I went with quality and volume that will provide depth without breaking the bank. We could potentially get both LBs for the price of Littleton. Addison would replace Mayowa in the DE rotation. We need interior pass rush and Collins is familiar with Marinelli. Carlos Hyde would give us a top end #2 RB behind Jacobs. Perriman would provide depth and a deep threat at WR. 

Then let Mayock cook in the draft.