FA 2020

drfrey13

17 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Only thing I wish we would’ve done differently with the contracts is if we could’ve added a team option to Collins deal. I think he’s gonna ball out and get paid next year. Understand it from his angle though  

2 yr/$12M would've been nice. On the bright side though, being in a contract year should motivate him to ball a little harder. 

Joel Curry made a nice point that I also seen here:

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Breaking-down-the-new-CBA-and-the-Packers-salary-cap-Ken-Ingalls-Brian-Gutekunst-145077613/

for anyone calculating our cap we need to include $1,836,000 for the 12 man practice squad into the cap.  10 players @ 142k and 2@ 204k.  The 204k guys have no minimum requirement for years in the league and can even be 10 year vets, for instance.

Also, I project an additional 150-200k in workout bonuses paid to players we’ll cut after camp (stanback 50k, Carrier 100k, and possibly Zay Jones 50k).  There’s also up to 425k (which gets divided half in ‘20 and half in ‘21) for the dead cap from players we could cut (Wilbur 137.5k, Magnuson 50k, stanback 100k, Nick Usher 25k, and id assume Kush got the same deal as Wilbur and Aghlor but that’s not confirmed: 137.5k)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Justwinning said:

Demarcus Robinson back to the Chiefs. Surprised he didn’t have a better market. Wasn’t expecting him to get a nice contract, but rather an opportunity to compete. Kinda like the Perriman deal with NYJ

Outside of Cooper, none of the free agent WR got big or long-term deals. The draft is so deep at WR, I think teams figured they'd get better value in the draft. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Outside of Cooper, none of the free agent WR got big or long-term deals. The draft is so deep at WR, I think teams figured they'd get better value in the draft. 

Outside of cooper there really wasn’t many good WRs either.  I think Robbie Anderson scared a lot of GMs... he screamed FA Bust.  Perriman has 3 good games in career.  With such a massive WR class it’d be stupid to pay for average WRs.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I would've preferred to sign Vigil over Eric Kush and invested a mid round pick into a young guard. 

Absolutely! But we could very well still draft a G in mid rounds.  And I doubt it was Kush or Vigil, they only cost like under a million with veteran discount so the change to the cap by signing them is only like 200-250k.  We just decided we didn’t want him or he didn’t want us.  I still wish he signed him, despite not wanting him prior to FA, when he was thought to cost $4-6M. But for the price he got I’d def have taken him.