AB stats in 2019 if he and brady are healthy

3rivers

4 hours ago, lancerman said:

He's sharing with Gordon and Edelman and the Patriots really don't care who gets the catches. If some practice squad member is always open and he's the easiest one for Brady to find, they don't care. If AB has an issue, he'll get cut and the Patriots won't look back. 

This. The Pats will give him the playbook and expect him to learn it. They're not going to manufacture looks and targets for him, he's not going to be force fed the ball, he's not going to get a throw his way if he's being double teamed.

If he thought sharing targets with Juju was rough, he's in for a very rude awakening.

9 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Most anti-authoritarian player in history goes to the most strict, robotic, detailed organization in history. Edelman, Gordon, and White will be getting the largest share of the targets. 

My guess is he doesn't get thrown to that much because Brady doesn't trust him, he doesn't have immediate success, he goes on a social media tirade, gets cut, then calls everyone racist.

My thoughts exactly. 

How upset will he be seeing James White catching 8 a game :D

Edited by Hunter2_1

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

My thoughts exactly. 

How upset will he be seeing James White catching 8 a game :D

You guys do realize this entire offseason was a show he put on to get cut right? He has been planing to go to the Patriots since before he left the Steelers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

You guys do realize this entire offseason was a show he put on to get cut right? He has been planing to go to the Patriots since before he left the Steelers.

You do realize that this is your opinion, and that you're giving AB a TON of credit for having foresight, patience, cunning and mental stamina that most people don't have - AND be willing to run the risk of crippling his bank account? Which athletes like him just don't do. Are you saying AB is this clever? I'm certainly not

Why don't you just admit that this is what you WANT to have happened? 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

You do realize that this is your opinion, and that you're giving AB a TON of credit for having foresight, patience, cunning and mental stamina that most people don't have - AND be willing to run the risk of crippling his bank account? Which athletes like him just don't do. Are you saying AB is this clever? I'm certainly not

Why don't you just admit that this is what you WANT to have happened? 

He is a millionaire with the best agent in sports, he could have easily pulled this off.

• Like 1

Just now, TXsteeler said:

He is a millionaire with the best agent in sports, he could have easily pulled this off.

Too much risk. He nearly lost all of his guaranteed money and was facing the genuine prospect of being out the league. He would not risk this for the possibility of playing for NE.

4 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

If he had a deal with NE to play how would he have been risking this?

There was that release wording thing doing the rounds last night that suggested AB could not only be released, but prevented from being part of any roster for the whole of 2019. Everyone was on here (including myself) saying "DO IT", just so he could be expunged from the league all season.

Edited by Hunter2_1

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

There was that release wording thing doing the rounds last night that suggested AB could not only be released, but prevented from being part of any roster for the whole of 2019. Everyone was on here (including myself) saying "DO IT", just so he could be expunged from the league all season.

I haven't seen that but if the raiders could have done that they would have so it doesn't sound like it would have actually been possible.

• Like 1

He's very clearly going to be the #1 in New England with the only one between Thomas, Gordon and Edelmen taking significant targets from him being Edelman due to the history he and Brady have with Edelmen likely getting the most targets on the team. Gordon is a year removed from football and has played 19 of a possible 80 games over the last 5 seasons. People are drastically overrating him. DT is coming off a serious injury. AB will get his. If the Patriots Offense is it's usual self I see him going for 90/1,300/10. If it's historic and running up scores then I see him putting up historic numbers like 100/1,600/18.

2 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

I haven't seen that but if the raiders could have done that they would have so it doesn't sound like it would have actually been possible.

@RaidersAreOne you posted this. Something about how Raiders could have cut him and it making sure he wouldn't be part of a roster in 2019? Everyone was like "DO IT MAYOCK"?

22 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Too much risk. He nearly lost all of his guaranteed money and was facing the genuine prospect of being out the league. He would not risk this for the possibility of playing for NE.

He definitely engineered his release. How long he's been planning it is a mystery, but he was clearly not concerned about the guaranteed money. He and Drew knew what they were doing. See below. 

8 minutes ago, theJ said:

He definitely engineered his release. How long he's been planning it is a mystery, but he was clearly not concerned about the guaranteed money. He and Drew knew what they were doing. See below. 

We will get proof of whether he did or didn't soon enough. If he carries on like he has been in NE, we'll know he's just deranged and a cancer (which is my belief). 

If he turns quiet and just gets on with it, I'll concede that he engineered this off-season.