Around the NFL Thread

beardown3231

Winston, Allen, Ryan, Fitzpatrick, and Murray combined for 7 touchdowns and 9 interceptions (including 3 pick 6's)

What do they have in common?

They were 5 of the top 6 QB's in terms of preseason snaps. Those snaps were so valuable and helpful! Wow! Man oh man preseason is so meaningful.

*eye roll*

Edited by beardown3231

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

I was amongst those skeptical on Mahomes pre draft time. Thought he had skill but was a bit of a loose cannon. Was I ever wrong.

You also never know how this would've ended here. Would he be as successful, knowing he would've had Loggains/Fox for a year and not Reid/Nagy? What about the receiver talent discrepancy? 

Btw, did anyone see any of the Chiefs game vs JAX? Reid's offense is unreal. Mahomes is great but wow every play there's a guy wide open.

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

You also never know how this would've ended here. Would he be as successful, knowing he would've had Loggains/Fox for a year and not Reid/Nagy? What about the receiver talent discrepancy? 

Btw, did anyone see any of the Chiefs game vs JAX? Reid's offense is unreal. Mahomes is great but wow every play there's a guy wide open.

It reminds me of the Tampa bay or Detroit game for Mitch. Guys are wide open and Mahomes is hitting.

7 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Great point except it's like that EVERY game for the Chiefs. It's beyond wild.

Ya so uhh...why can't Nagy design the offense to be like that too?  This guy is supposed to be Reid's disciple.  I think this is what we were all expecting when he was hired...yet it's been the same old crap Bears offenses that were used to seeing.  

Are the Bears just perennially doomed as far as next generation and innovative offenses go or from having great QB's?  It's like we have a curse or something.  Picking high for the first time in forever with a shot at a franchise QB and Pace passes on a generational talent like Mahomes.  Who would have known right?  I hate to be that guy but damn that burns so much.

Edited by topwop1

13 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Ya so uhh...why can't Nagy design the offense to be like that too?  This guy is supposed to be Reid's disciple.  I think this is what we were all expecting when he was hired...yet it's been the same old crap Bears offenses that were used to seeing.  

Are the Bears just perennially doomed as far as next generation and innovative offenses go or from having great QB's?  It's like we have a curse or something.  Picking high for the first time in forever with a shot at a franchise QB and Pace passes on a generational talent like Mahomes.  Who would have known right?  I hate to be that guy but damn that burns so much.

For every individual out there that saw the diamond in Mahomes, there were probably 10 that had Trubisky and Watson ranked higher.  There were a LOT of questions about Mahomes that turned out to have easy answers. If I remember right, Watson was viewed as the most ready, Trubisky was a high potential prospect.  Kizer was in there too, can't recall why even though I wanted him 2nd after Watson!  I didn't really have Mahomes on my radar to be honest; just not skilled enough at evaluating and didn't watch him once. 

26 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

For every individual out there that saw the diamond in Mahomes, there were probably 10 that had Trubisky and Watson ranked higher.  There were a LOT of questions about Mahomes that turned out to have easy answers. If I remember right, Watson was viewed as the most ready, Trubisky was a high potential prospect.  Kizer was in there too, can't recall why even though I wanted him 2nd after Watson!  I didn't really have Mahomes on my radar to be honest; just not skilled enough at evaluating and didn't watch him once. 

Trust me I know this...it's always easy to look back in hindsight and say they should have done this or that.  No one is perfect when it comes to making these decisions.  It's tough I get it.

I am just saying that it seems like the Bears franchise is truly cursed when it comes to the QB position, or offense in general.  We need some luck to fall into our laps.  

Mitch is not a bust yet, it's just that mental "probability %" that us Bears fans carry around in our heads tilted dramatically into the red last week.  

We started talking through what happens if he is a bust, looking at future picks, prospects, and most importantly the window on our defense.  It is NOT pretty.  We quit halfway through and got depressed. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Winston, Allen, Ryan, Fitzpatrick, and Murray combined for 7 touchdowns and 9 interceptions (including 3 pick 6's)

What do they have in common?

They were 5 of the top 6 QB's in terms of preseason snaps. Those snaps were so valuable and helpful! Wow! Man oh man preseason is so meaningful.

*eye roll*

It's more meaningful for Trubisky, who has less big game experience. 

6 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Mitch is not a bust yet, it's just that mental "probability %" that us Bears fans carry around in our heads tilted dramatically into the red last week.  

We started talking through what happens if he is a bust, looking at future picks, prospects, and most importantly the window on our defense.  It is NOT pretty.  We quit halfway through and got depressed. 

Actually...

I should be posting this in the "Mitch is a bust" thread, or whatever the hell it's called...but when you look at the QBs coming up just next year, AND the teams realistically looking for quarterbacks...

I'm gonna be plain. Clear. While I haven't given up on Mitch yet, if the Bears and I come to that conclusion by the end of the season...Pace will be able to draft another young QB (with a trade). And as crazy as it sounds, maybe not even crush the organization all that much. I hope it doesn't come to that (and doubt it will), but let's realize it's still a real option.