Around the NFL Thread

beardown3231

6 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

I think we need a more civil discourse around here, so let's find some common ground and simplify the discussion.  Should we do politics, Ford/Chevy, religion or beer?

If O.J Howard or Mike Gesicki was available I would have to make a call.

The TE position right now is a black hole for the Bears.

44 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If O.J Howard or Mike Gesicki was available I would have to make a call.

The TE position right now is a black hole for the Bears.

I thought for sure Bears would go after CJ Uzomah this past offseason.  Pace usually goes after every hole in FA with someone decent.  The move fit his M.O. to a tee.  It must have been a budget concern.   I think he messed up there.  He would be best TE on our roster right now U, Y, Z,  LBGQT whatever.

An interesting move would be to go get the guy I coveted in draft - Kahale Warring.   He is on IR so out of sight out of mind.   Houston gave away all its future draft picks and they got like 4 other guys they really like at TE just as much if not more, including another dude on IR who they like even more.   I am betting you could get him for less than the 3rd they spent.   They don't need the position, they have secondary holes and no way to fill them now.   

Thing with Warring though is he is likely two years from being a good player.   Kind of raw.  Still his upside is really up there.  

I also think if they spend some time with Horstead at U this season and don't ignore the practice squad they may find they really have something.  I am betting he is a better athlete and receiver than Burton is.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

I thought for sure Bears would go after CJ Uzomah this past offseason.  Pace usually goes after every hole in FA with someone decent.  The move fit his M.O. to a tee.  It must have been a budget concern.   

Or it was an ego thing.  Didn't want to admit he may have whiffed on Shaheen yet.  I thought Shaheen could still be good this offseason (still have some hope), but I still wanted to hedge my bet with Uzomah.  I didn't want to go into the season with just Shaheen and Burton that is for sure.  

And/Or he was way over estimating athletic ability of Sowell and Braunecker.  It seems clear they are on low end of NFL level athletic ability.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

We cannot trade high picks for a DB. We do not have very many and we have an unsettled QB situation right now.

The situation at QB isn't going to have anything done with a 2nd next year, so that is irrelevant IMO. I'd be fine with Pace spending a 2nd next year to challenge Tru but I don't see it happening. 

How high of a pick would you throw for OJ Howard though? That's a move I'd be happy to see. Much better blocker than any TE we have right now, and could at least stretch the field. 

On 9/13/2019 at 3:17 PM, WindyCity said:

We cannot trade high picks for a DB. We do not have very many and we have an unsettled QB situation right now.

Nothing is unsettled, not after one bad game. Pace & Nagy set him up for a huge fall opening night. He'll settle in and get the W out in Denver tommorow B| 

On 9/13/2019 at 8:17 AM, beardown3231 said:

Mayfield- 39 snaps*

Jackson- 34**

Mariota- 31**

Prescott- 29**

Brissett- 28**

Watson- 13**

Carr- 6**

Played poorly*

Played very well**

I can almost always tell which people are just box score scouting and not actually watching the games or even know what they're looking for whenever they do. Case in point, you have Mayfield marked as playing "poor"ly and Mariota as playing "very well" which CLEARLY tells me that you fall into this category. Otherwise, you have known that Mayfield played very well thru 3Q's despite the dropped passes and injuring his throwing hand (7 bad throws in the first 3Q and 7 bad throws in the 4th) and that Mariota was only about average in his game despite what his raw stats may look like. And that's coming from me! Someone who was sticking up for him just a week ago when you were trying to say he was the 25th worst QB in the league at best. 

Also, why are you only using QB's to try and prove a point about the preseason? You do know there is more to the game than just QB's right? 
Stop with the BS about how the preseason affects quarterbacks and ask yourselves this. "What is it that I am missing when I'm comparing one QB's stat sheet to another"? I'll let you figure this out because it seems so damn simple to understand--at least to me anyhow. I'll give you a hint. Not all teams are built the same and each situation differs from another.........SURPRISE! 

But I'm done with this. 

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I can almost always tell which people are just box score scouting and not actually watching the games or even know what they're looking for whenever they do. Case in point, you have Mayfield marked as playing "poor"ly and Mariota as playing "very well" which CLEARLY tells me that you fall into this category. Otherwise, you have known that Mayfield played very well thru 3Q's despite the dropped passes and injuring his throwing hand (7 bad throws in the first 3Q and 7 bad throws in the 4th) and that Mariota was only about average in his game despite what his raw stats may look like. And that's coming from me! Someone who was sticking up for him just a week ago when you were trying to say he was the 25th worst QB in the league at best. 

Also, why are you only using QB's to try and prove a point about the preseason? You do know there is more to the game than just QB's right? 
Stop with the BS about how the preseason affects quarterbacks and ask yourselves this. "What is it that I am missing when I'm comparing one QB's stat sheet to another"? I'll let you figure this out because it seems so damn simple to understand--at least to me anyhow. I'll give you a hint. Not all teams are built the same and each situation differs from another.........SURPRISE! 

But I'm done with this. 

Thanks, man! I had no clue that an offense of an NFL team trots out 10 other guys. 

Maybe direct your rage toward the meatheads that keep saying "he" should have played more in the preseason and then I can stop comparing "his" snap count in the preseason to others & start talking about "their" snap counts.