Week 2 | Other Games Thread

IDOG_det

Game Of The Week  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which should be the Game Of The Week?

• #13 Auburn @ #3 Clemson
    • #5 Oklahoma @ #2 Ohio State
    • #15 Georgia @ #24 Notre Dame
    • #14 Stanford @ #6 USC

2 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

Either way they just aren't good, no one in their right mind is going to think that defense is respectable to Nebraska expectations. 

I didn't say they were good. I said they played amazing in the second half considering the holes the offense put them in. And they did. If you didn't box score scout it would be plain to see. The got rushed in the first half because the offense kept putting them in horrible positions and they still gave us a chance to win. Our entire comeback attempt was about the defense. 

3 minutes ago, Supersuavesky said:

I didn't say they were good. I said they played amazing in the second half considering the holes the offense put them in. And they did. If you didn't box score scout it would be plain to see. The got rushed in the first half because the offense kept putting them in horrible positions and they still gave us a chance to win. Our entire comeback attempt was about the defense. 

I second this sentiment. Offense killed Nebraska today. Four (IMO 5 Turnovers because I'm counting the DPE false start as a turnover) turnovers is what lost us this game. Not our defense

Just now, LuckyNumber11 said:

I second this sentiment. Offense killed Nebraska today. Four (IMO 5 Turnovers because I'm counting the DPE false start as a turnover) turnovers is what lost us this game. Not our defense

I completely forgot about that. That was pretty much a 14 point swing. We went from down 1 TD and driving to down two with a horrible INT incoming. 

Just now, Supersuavesky said:

I completely forgot about that. That was pretty much a 14 point swing. We went from down 1 TD and driving to down two with a horrible INT incoming. 

Absolutely terrible penalty that happened at the worst time. But that being said too, Tanner Lee has to get better. And our third down and goal line defense has to get better

8 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

Absolutely terrible penalty that happened at the worst time. But that being said too, Tanner Lee has to get better. And our third down and goal line defense has to get better

Goal line is what it is. Tough to stop a team that close. Third down certainly though.

And Lee didn't play particularly well against ARK St. either. All that hype and he's struggled. If he plays like that again within the next two weeks I say give O'Brien some snaps.

Gebbia is clearly the most talented QB we have but the youngest. We'll have to struggle through this year.

Archived